Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TonTon's throwing game against PCC

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I watched the commentary that you're talking about. As someone who doesn't know the personalities and the back stories it came across as unnecessary, unprofessional and boring. I wanted to hear commentary about the games not some doofus going on about half kills or whatever. Who was he anyway? Sorry for my ignorance but I don't follow tournament religiously, I do like watching it and have been known to have fun in the bouncy castles. I've even played paintball in them as well. Badoomtish. ;)
completely agree with this. Call me boring but even knowing who these guys are and the background of their teams and such, it still came across as unnecessary, unprofessional and boring. Don't know if I've got the wrong end of the stick but I'm sure for a lot of viewers that it would be better overall for the millennium to have commentators who could effectively add to the viewing experience with proper commentating rather than a games worth of banter. I know the others joined in but it's easy to jump on the band wagon when one person is leading the way.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
shoaibaktar

But when you don't know the context it just looks like he's slagging someone off.

I must admit I didn't lose much sleep over it TBH. Coverage was not bad other than that. I liked the split bunker shot, shows the battles well, helps make sense of what's going on.

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Just because something is provided for free doesn't mean you need to make it look cheap. Lets be honest does it cost them anything to get people to act with a bit of professionalism? No, so that argument is completely pointless,

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
I like the camera work on the Millennium webcast, it seems a lot closer to the action (at least on the snake side) than the PSP stuff. The presentation of the PSP's webcast is definitely higher quality. Either way we're winning because we get to watch while it's going on!

The reason the Rich Telford stuff grabbed me is that he, almost word for word, quotes Nicky Cuba in the first Infamous Reckoning video. "We were making fun of him because he's not one of the better players on that team." Telford says much the same thing. It just seems like a bit more than banter to me, but that might just be me!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Back to the TonTon, is anyone really surprised that the French would throw a match to another French team?
Don't think it would've mattered who they came up against, assuming the reason is just that they wanted an easier semi-final game. I could've bought the bull that they lost because it was a no pressure game but the stupid gun problems suggest otherwise.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
Was it not also mentioned that at the start of that game that PCC were close to relagation zone before the match... Pretty sure at least some of the players from both teams will have some form of bonds or friendships. So like Missy said, taking those facts into account it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Helping them get points to maybe get out of relagation?. Speculation on my part.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Was it not also mentioned that at the start of that game that PCC were close to relagation zone before the match... Pretty sure at least some of the players from both teams will have some form of bonds or friendships. So like Missy said, taking those facts into account it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Helping them get points to maybe get out of relagation?. Speculation on my part.
yeah quite a few people got that opinion, and i suppose it comes down to the fact that with the remaining events, every game counts. Giving carnage one game wasn't going to save their asses, but i suppose it might help since the ton tons had no real reason that they had to win the same game.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
And regarding the quality of the commentary, I've said it before and I'll say it again - get Al & Latham in the box. Throw in Skidder too, for good measure.

Let's make it happen for the next event.