Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trigger Bounce in the UK

R

raehl

And do you want to be the one splitting those hairs in front of legislative committee?

I didn't think so.

- Chris

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Is it not time for all tourney players to be compulsary registered with the UKPL and UKPSF and for these organisations to set up and publish a set of rules governing paintball. All that is required is a set of hard fast rules that everybody is aware of.
Effective self regulation is all that is required to prevent legislative intervention. Time for a rule book
GP, yes you are correct in your interpretation, which is why you can get full auto BB/airsoft guns, but this is still the accepted rule in paintball within the UK, and most worldwide countries, and because that is the accepted standard then the authorities can deem that the marker is a dangerous weapon.

R

raehl

Well...

Are you going to be the guy that runs around and beats all the leagues into following the same set of rules?

What we want to do in our league isn't necessarily what other leagues want to do in theirs, and I know we're certainly not compramising what we want our rules to do to to conform to someone else's edict.

On the other hand, there IS a current set of rules - at least on a national basis - and that's governed by insurance. Try wearing a non-ASTM certified mask for example. There is a standards process that already covers some paintball equipment, the best route is probably to add additional standards.

As far as markers go, the only real solution is to have every chip used in a paintball marker in top-level competition certified as a legal chip, and prohibit any uncertified chipsets from being used. Chips can thus be certified in the lab in advance. Pain in the butt? Yeah - but how many different chipsets are REALLY needed to actuate a set of solenoids based on a trigger pull?

- Chris

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Well...

Originally posted by raehl
Are you going to be the guy that runs around and beats all the leagues into following the same set of rules?
We are not talking US leagues just UK only.
We don't have the legislative nightmare you have.
But we do need to sort out a rule book seen as we now have UKPL in association with the UKPSF

R

raehl

But can you separate them?

If you're separating out the setups from the manufacture, then I suppose so - but if you want some standard in the kind of equipment that is manufactured in the first place, that's probably something that needs to be tackled at a > UK level.

I still think you face the problem of getting different leagues to conform to the same set of rules - who picks the rules? What is a league's motivation to accept the rules picked? The first steps should be to create a body independent of the leagues to make the rules, establish a neutral process for the rules to be adopted, and THEN try and get the rules adopted. Or maybe just push for the European player's association to do the same thing from an EU level.

(I apologize for any lack of coherency, it's late, I've been staring at code too long, and I'm tired.)

- Chris

LEE RED HEAT

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
eric

sorry eric but can you please leave this one alone as this thread is getting out of hand as blakey has said previousley and it aint good for a good sport that every one enjoys
so please leave it alone and leave it up to the organisers of the events
peace peace peace please;) :cool:

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Wahay. I'm as infamous as cook$.

I'll stand up and be counted on this one as I WAS THE MARSHAL in question.

Out of all the markers (upwards of 80, and some had very nice trigger pull length and feel) i tested on Sunday i found FOUR that had, (in my opinion) unsafe triggers. As for those of you on here that are complaining about me slapping (notice i said slap, if you think i would want to hurt my hand hitting a lump of aluminum you're mad) the back of your markers once i had tried the trigger, i say get real. You are all quite happy to run, jump and slide with these expensive bits of kit, 1 or 2 slaps with the fleshy bit of my palm will NOT damage it at all and as for the threat of the use of force to disagree with my assessment of your marker, remember its an offence that will lead to your expulsion from the event and maybe the entire series, disagree by all means but stop with the threats;).

Now i know what trigger bounce is and i know what an unsafe trigger is, i.e. one that can be made to fire without touching the trigger AT ALL. Cooks marker is straight from the box but you can get it to bounce easily, his teammates impulse has got a stupid trigger that will fire if you breathe on it. Those are 2 of the markers that i stopped going on the field, because, as it's my A$$ on the line if anything goes wrong, i felt that they were way to light to be allowed on the field. Now remember if there is an accident on the field the marshals are held responsible as well as the organizer.

So there it is from my point of view. In case your wondering by what means i came to these decisions, i attended the UKPSF's Chrony marshals course and i have got 15 years of paintball behind me along with far too much experience in mechanical engineering.

How about this for a simple rule for checking for stupid triggers. If the ref can fire it without touching the trigger, it's too short. if the ref can get it to fire quickly while only holding the trigger in a certain spot, it's not allowed out.

Alien (this will be my one and only post on this)
P.S. Nice to see this discussion on here and it did give you something other than the normal “lousy reffing” thread to comment on.

I’m off back to my ivory tower, where nobody plays on/wipes or throws their toys out of the pramJ

See ya next time