Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trigger Bounce (Russel)

thekid

Ego today.Gone tomorrow!
May 8, 2003
Northallerton
Visit site
Had the same thing at P.A CUP,.cost us 3 guns!!........i know one was a bit on the light side but mine wasnt,took the marshall ages to get mine to bounce..,,then it only did it once,couldnt make it bounce more!!...........

Slim Clan

Back from the Beach
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh
www.theclan-paintball.com
Originally posted by thekid
Had the same thing at P.A CUP,.cost us 3 guns!!........i know one was a bit on the light side but mine wasnt,took the marshall ages to get mine to bounce..,,then it only did it once,couldnt make it bounce more!!...........
If the light one was the green e-blade at the PA cup then the marshall did the right thing lol. I seen that gun firing over the chrono 2 ball pulls.

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Yeah - we spoke to Russ to clarify the whole "trigger bounce" thing.

He told us that he always looked for one pull and release to fire one ball - also looked for around 1mm or more of trigger travel !!!!

Guess the best way is to ask at the captains meeting at each tourny - get the Ultimate ruling on it - avaids every marshall making their own mind up about it !!!

Rich

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
These guys are all idoits if they're pulling your guns for trigger bounce after testing in the ways you've described.

For goodness sakes, use some freaking common sense here!
If you can't replicate the trigger bounce in less than 10 seconds, and if you can't do it consistently, (ie 1/3 of shots) then it's not usefull trigger bounce.

Players with electronic triggers, if you've got a de-bounce setting, error on the side of caution and put it up a bit.

OK, at Campaign cup, each judge field will have a chrono judge. You hand the judge your gun, turned on, and ready to fire.
The judge fires your gun over the chrono until they are satisfied that it is shooting under 300 fps. The judges will be looking for trigger bounce, but they arn't going to dangle the gun by the barrel, they're going to shoot it PROPERLY.
If the judge decides you have trigger bounce, or suspects your trigger of being dodgy, you get a chance to sort it out. But before you go on the field with that gun, the Ultimate Judge for that field will be asked to test the gun again. If the Ultimate Judge (and we've got good judges here not the goobers you're probably used to) says that the gun is going to bounce, they're not going to let you on the field with it. You can come on, but no gun. We don't want to pull player from the game, so you're all given a chance to sort your gun out before you get on the field.
So players, set your gun up so that it dosn't bounce when shot PROPERLY.
And bring a spare gun to the field if you're not sure. Every team should bring a spare gun, even if it's your old tippman or something, because it sucks if you have to go on the field with not gun at all right?
We're employing common sense here guys, so i don't expect too many arguments on the subject.