Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tsunami hits big time!!!!!

LIVE THOLS

Apr 3, 2004
venezuala
P8NTBALLER.COM
Originally posted by DarWood
Least it helps the coverage of paintball, unlike your pathetic comments ;)

Keep up the good work guyz! :D

Darren :cool:
Dont get me wrong, blagging your way into the 'news' Is never a bad thing, good effort. But how do you think the countries ACTUAL top competitive teams feel about someone else getting the credit?

chuffed? I doubt it.

As for my Pathetic comments, Im just the only one with the balls to say it.

You dont have to be a kiss arse your whole life you know, there's plenty of room here on the dark side.

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
Originally posted by LIVE THOLS
Dont get me wrong, blagging your way into the 'news' Is never a bad thing, good effort. But how do you think the countries ACTUAL top competitive teams feel about someone else getting the credit?

chuffed? I doubt it.

As for my Pathetic comments, Im just the only one with the balls to say it.

You dont have to be a kiss arse your whole life you know, there's plenty of room here on the dark side.
Listen here Mate,

There is no ass kissing going on here!!

Just because we are not the Nexus or Miami Effect's of this world etc etc doesnt mean that as a team we dont hold the same values to having a good time and enjoying some damn great paintball as these big boys. It also doesnt mean that we cant promote ourselves and most importantly our sponsors to the fullest hilt!!

Tsunami as a team are very well known and highly regarded in the paintball circles in the UK. What we are trying to do is ensure that whatever decent coverage we can get for the sport is better than nothing at all and if that includes us in there then so be it.

I appreciate your comments but also ask that unless you are from the UK, which funny enough you are not, then how the hell would you know and appreciate the stuff currently been done or what is/has been done.

Keep your pathetic, stupid comments to yourself and maybe if I was posting the same crap as you have on PBNation or any of the other sites in the USA then you would also feel the same way.

Have a nice day!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
To be perfectly honest, at this stage in the sports life (pretty much pre-pubescnet (sp?)), I couldn't give a **** who proclaims themselves as being one of the best. It doesn't matter. What matters here is that a team has managed to portray paintball in a posisitve light as a real sport to the general, largely uninformed public. The fact that they say "one of the countries top teams" will make people think: "One of the TOP teams? You mean there's actually a league for paintball?? Cool!!"

So hats off to Tsunami!! Nice one guys! (and Wildcats and Redheat :))

Now we just need Nexus to get something on the main BBC site!!

D.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Hi Guys! Lets all stay nice n friendly eh? Everyone is entitled to their views on here, after all members like Live Thols make our community interesting and diverse :D

Just to clear things up, I didn't make the comment "Basingstoke Tsunami are among the country's top competitive paintball teams." which appears on the BBC Berkshire site, so we're not bigging ourselves up here.
I was supplied questions by BBC Berkshire which i answered as you can read on the website. Mostly it's about paintball in general and not so much the team.

I guess the reporter came up with that statement (rightly or wrongly) by using statistics i supplied about last years results:

This is what i sent him...
QUOTE:
Campaign Cup 2004 6th place Nov.
SWPL 2003/04 Div 2 season winners.
SWPL 2003/04 Div 3, 3rd place for the season ( our 'Blue' team).
SWPL 2003/04 Heats:
2x 1st,
3 x 2nd
2 x 3rd
M25 league 2003 :
1 x 1st Div 2.
1 x 3rd Div 2,
1 x 3rd Div 3,

We failed to make top three in four tournaments we played last year although two of those were fourth places.
We are currently playing in Div 2 of the Paintball Association League and took 3rd place in the last leg".
UNQUOTE

Admittedly we are not Nexus nor playing lots of Millenniums to achieve international recognition but we do take our sport seriously, train regularly and are steadily plugging away at the UK Domestic scene.
Our sponsors, Powerball, Belsales and Air America (UK) seem fairly happy with our results too as those sponsorship deals just keep getting better ;) :)

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
Ok there are two sides to this, and only the guy who made the comment seems to see both.

Anything that promotes paintball to the general public is a good thing. An example is the whole way the PA is run. It is very good at attracting outside interest and showing the sport in it best light.

however he is right, in the future when the PA breaks paintball to the UK public and on the news it has "insert team here" wins the first/second whatever season of the PA cup making them UK champions.

People, EXL, Open X and top 7 man teams in the uk, who play at a higher level than the PA may not feel it right that a team is proclaimed best in the uk for winning the PA or bullys or whatever. But for TV and news purposes they have to be.

It simply doesnt work if the news report goes, the uk national league was won by .....team A.....but they are not the best cos the better teams play....Tournament/league X....etc.

in the eyes of the public that kinda discredits the league so that wouldnt be the way it would be shown, and we are back to having a uk champion that is not the best in the uk....but is what the public have been shown...

its an interesting problem and even though i have done a really bad job of making my point.....i think it i a point that everyone can understand, not just the top teams

P.S. not having a go at teams that play the PA or the league its self of anybody so dont take it that way:)