Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Masters March Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ollytheosteo

Doing is the average is a fair reflection as it takes into account how your team played over the day. Nothing can really take into account the games you did not play, but if you take an average of how you played upto that point and apply it the remaining games you get a theoretical score if you stayed consistent.
Oh I agree, but try telling that to someone who's done the maths and realised the other method gives them a better result;)

Personally I'm just concentrating on our rigorous training schedule (mmmmmm pie:D) in preparation for 12bps next event and happy to have had a great day despite the odds being against us.
Let's face it, if you put an event on where every player was greeted by a chocolate coated supermodel who gave them the best blowjob of their life as a welcome to the event there'd be someone moaning that they 'don't like milk chocolate':rolleyes::D

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Oh I agree, but try telling that to someone who's done the maths and realised the other method gives them a better result;)
I've not done any maths myself with regards to the actual scores on the day, basically I don't know what they were as I never look. Whether or not we get a better result by taking actual games instead of averages makes no bones with me, I just want a fair result for the day which I don't think averages does.

Anyway it's all irrelevant now as I believe an error has been made and a correction is to come.

the militant

Mar 26, 2008
it doesnt really mean ANYTHING anyways...
I was playing in a division where we played the same team twice because the 3 Destiny teams didnt have to play each other...
some teams played more 'easy' games than others...
if everyone doesnt play everyone how can you ever get a fair result? you cant! so it doesnt mean anything where we finished after 6? 8? averaged? games!!!!!!!
finishing in the top or bottom two doesn't always mean you go up or down a division... so the results at the end of the year are equally meaningless...

Do we get money off the next round?
I payed for a full days paintball and didnt get one... yes it was a 'nice' atmosphere and pleasantries were swapped all day long despite the extremely cold rain we recieved, but the fact of the matter is that we didnt get what we payed for! if you pre-paid for a three course meal and the the chef ****ed off before the dessert came what would you do? you'd want some money back!
Moreover my team didnt even get a choice because we happened to be playing when the decision was taken to go home!

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
I stayed out of this because i really dont know how the scoring has worked out so i don't know what i am talking about.

But what about the teams who have a grievance with the scores just play each other at the next round to determine the result of the last one?

The only teams that are going to be pisssed at the scores are the teams who think that they should have come higher.

I ant to fussed about it we came first by the looks of it,

But i wouldn't want people or other teams to think that we got first place because the working out of the scores is wrong, i would want us to come first place because we won first place.

am i making sense ?

O

ollytheosteo

I payed for a full days paintball and didnt get one... yes it was a 'nice' atmosphere and pleasantries were swapped all day long despite the extremely cold rain we recieved, but the fact of the matter is that we didnt get what we payed for! if you pre-paid for a three course meal and the the chef ****ed off before the dessert came what would you do? you'd want some money back!
Moreover my team didnt even get a choice because we happened to be playing when the decision was taken to go home!
Wow, what a great first post in the true traditions of UK balling:rolleyes:

If I were you I'd ask the chef for some cheese to go with all the whine, and perhaps consider thinking before speaking for the Destiny collective;)

But to extend your analogy if the chef came to the table and said there'd been a severe weather warning and some of you might not make it home unless you left sharpish, would you still demand a refund if the rest of your table decided to leave?

Yeah markie that does make sense, at the end of the day i play 3 games got shot out off the break in two ( one by a team-mate and the other by the team who decided to put 4 lanes on the snake off the break...dam you! ) but i dont feel there is a need to complain eventhough i proberly played less than anyone there and definatly shot less paint!

By the way i only played three because i was meant to play the last three..but they were called off which quite frankly annoyed me, but hey what can you do!

Thanks to Wendy and all the organisers was a good day , although i am definatly staying away from UKM 5man from now on because in all honest opinion its not worth it, Xball lite for the win.

Thanks to all the teams for all the games that were good to watch, even if there was some debate after. Although it says we came 2nd, i know we were top by 16 points? at the end of the day but Congrats to the Firm.

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
it doesnt really mean ANYTHING anyways...
I was playing in a division where we played the same team twice because the 3 Destiny teams didnt have to play each other...
some teams played more 'easy' games than others...
if everyone doesnt play everyone how can you ever get a fair result? you cant! so it doesnt mean anything where we finished after 6? 8? averaged? games!!!!!!!
finishing in the top or bottom two doesn't always mean you go up or down a division... so the results at the end of the year are equally meaningless...

You've got a lot of anger there. Its easy to stake your side of the argument, but its harder to understand the other.

So the two issues you have is that you didn't get a full days paintball.....sorry but this isn't punter ball and decisions had to be made....which brings me to my second point.......the captains meeting was called according to the rules. That is, no team shall play until the captains meeting was complete. And that was the case....the fields were empty while Wendy and Bex explained the situation.

As has been stated earlier, what would you have done? You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. My team made a decision to leave. Wendy said that if enough teams remained then play would continue. So, it would seem that there wasn't enough teams to continue.....so who's to blame? Surely the team captains of the teams that left should be the target.....not the organisers.

At the end of it all, we are all entitled to our opinions and thats what these open forums are for. If you have a grievance, I recommend you speak with Wendy and I'm sure that she will be able to sort this out. I don't envy her task, so why don't you spare a thought for her, Andy and the rest of the Angels.:eek:
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.