Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ultimate cant keep score

extremelimo

Apr 12, 2004
South Wales
allstretchedout.co.uk
Ok Guys, this is my personal moan. Evil Saints have been a supporter of the Cpps and Rich Harris since day one. We had left the Masters where we were a sponsored team as we thought Rich had something very special to offer, judging by todays turnout he has.
That all said, when he employs an ultimate, ANDY on the race to field I expect that person to do the job he is paid for! He cannot fill a score sheet out correctly when we win the 2 games outright I think it is a very poor show. How can someone be an ULTIMATE and cannot fill out a simple piece of paper. We won all of our games outright in the morning, we dropped one in the afternoon, but because of this mans total incompetance we came 5th. If it was not for the generousity of Warped as a team(thanks Jimmy), we would of started the season off in a position that was not of our making. We have come to the Cpps to win which we try our very hardest to achieve.We are previous Cpps winners as well as Federation winners. BUT WE CANNOT BE COMPETATIVE IF WE ARE DICKED BY THE ULTIMATE. Andy you now what you did to us today!!!:mad:
Rich this is not an attack on you or your tounament, this is an ongoing saga and farce between Evil Saints and the above
Mr Bling

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Think how many games he has to ref and control. Think how many score sheets he has to manage.

You have a captain who signs the scoresheet I take it? Did you take this up with the organisers?

extremelimo

Apr 12, 2004
South Wales
allstretchedout.co.uk
game

Yes did take it up with Rich, not alot could be done at the end of the day, it was only that Warped gave up there position that we were then awarded 3rd, but that was because Jimmy is a nice guy. I was speaking to one of your guys in the day, he said he had gone to the CPPS to win. How would you feel as a team if you played your best all day then lost all of your effort as someone couldnt fill a score sheet out properly.
This is not an isolated case with this ref, he eliminated a player at a 5 man when someone shouted from the sideline : On your right Alan: we could win loads of games if we just shouted things from the side line at opposition teams(this was before coaching)
This has been an ongoing situation since our days at the Masters, I thought it had been settled but has reared itself again.I could put numerous times of bad calls, we never have a problem with any other refs.These are not just my thoughts but the whole teams thoughts.
Mr Bling

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
As an Ultimate myself - You are paid extra to manage your field which includes scoring, With regards to scoring 5 man it can be a little more confusing due to live players being counted at the end of each point. And i agree with your Simon that its very frustrating when things do go wrong but then it is up to the team captain to raise any grievance there and then with the ultimate and nip it in the bud there and then, But at the same time problems like that shouldn’t really occur with race to 2 ??

extremelimo

Apr 12, 2004
South Wales
allstretchedout.co.uk
Game

Scott, thanks for the input, the issue could not be raised as there was no signing at the end of the games. Only field that did not have a signature system in place I believe. We also won 2-0 so really it should have been much easier to know the score. If no signature system is in place I think the onus is then put much heavier on that Ultimate to get it right. We have paid to play and a portion of our fee goes to his wages, so he should do his job correctly. Also I dont know whos decision it was not to have sheets signed, I cannot see that Rich instructed this,as the other fields did take signatures. If we are playing by Millenium rules lets work like the Millenium.
Mr Bling

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
I agree mate however i know that at other events score sheets are not used however ! there is always somebody in control at the admin area within the pits who is notified off the scoring and illiminates problems like this occuring. This is also how it would work at the Millenium events so maybe something to think about