Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ultimate X-ball 5 man--Pick it!

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Just give me either half

of Dynasty and I'm good to go. Robo, on the other hand, given his defensive stance of late is probably going for Bob Long, Adamson, Ceranski with his foot in a cast and a couple of Brit dinosaurs from the time paintball forgot so he can lock up that field until the other team falls asleep. But then why is he having trials and picking young, skilled, small, aggressive players? Hhhmmm?:confused:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Since you hijacked your own thread

I suppose it's OK. Cypress Gardens--Not really a big deal. One of the 10-man participants used a rostered pro player. Registration form for event specifically prohibited pro players and while there was some ambiguity as to a precise definition of "pro player" any player or team intending to comply with the promoter's qualifications would have checked in advance--at least that's how I see it. The team in question didn't and when the promoter found out (apparently on second day during finals) he penalized the team. At that point they weren't really in the running (despite claims to the contrary) but it caused quite a stir. [Adding a little spice however is the fact a number of teams were aware of the situation on Friday and last I'd heard no one was fessing up to narking.]
So exactly who knew what when is open for debate. (Had to read that twice to be sure, didn't you?)
Otherwise the set-up was first rate, the venue was very nice, the fields were fair to good, the paint was sub-par and it was bloody HOT!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just give me either half

Originally posted by Baca Loco
of Dynasty and I'm good to go. Robo, on the other hand, given his defensive stance of late is probably going for Bob Long, Adamson, Ceranski with his foot in a cast and a couple of Brit dinosaurs from the time paintball forgot so he can lock up that field until the other team falls asleep. But then why is he having trials and picking young, skilled, small, aggressive players? Hhhmmm?:confused:
Oh come, come now Baca, you must at least give me some credit in hauling my ass outa yesteryear into the new millennium of Paintball.
I may be old but I ain't stoopid....well not just yet I ain't, and to ignore the merits of the young would be foolhardy indeed but I do recognise the need for cool, experienced heads in any team, so my selctions would be :-

Todd (Poopy) Adamson of Aftershock
Rich Telford of SC Ironmen
Todd Martinez of Avalanche
Oliver Lang of JT Dynasty
Fredericke Halmone of Ton Tons

Just my 'not so' humble opinion you understand :)
Pete

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
John Richardson from Avalanche(way under rated because he's too nice and quiet)
Oli Lang from Dynasty (nuff said)
Max Lundqvist from GZ (when on form he is the best out of Europe in my opinion)
Todd Martinez from Avalanche
Mooner or Fritz from GZ. (need some solidity at the back)

manike

Jinxy

A Full On Paintballer :@)
Feb 11, 2002
Northampton - England
www.sadworld.co.uk
Hay TJ,
There is only one line up, im sure you agree with this one:

Back Right – TJ
Back Middle – TJ
Back Left – TJ
Mid Left – TJ
Mid Right – TJ
Front Right – TJ
Front Middle – TJ
Front Left – TJ

We all know you are one f**king paintball god that can be everywhere at the same time.

So bring on “TEAM TJ” :eek:

Disclaimer:
The person that just typed this notice will not take responsibility for this notice, due to the number of head shoots to his head. :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Just give me either half

Originally posted by Robbo

Oh come, come now Baca, you must at least give me some credit in hauling my ass outa yesteryear into the new millennium of Paintball.
I may be old but I ain't stoopid....well not just yet I ain't, and to ignore the merits of the young would be foolhardy indeed but I do recognise the need for cool, experienced heads in any team, so my selctions would be :-

Todd (Poopy) Adamson of Aftershock
Rich Telford of SC Ironmen
Todd Martinez of Avalanche
Oliver Lang of JT Dynasty
Kenny Clamper of Aftershock

Just my 'not so' humble opinion you understand :)
Pete
Of course I do. I absolutely think your efforts on behalf of Brit X-ball are both the way to go and a whole lot more work for you than you needed to devote to the effort and whatever the outcome you deserve credit for that.
However, you know I can hardly resist a little friendly Robo bashing. :D It's just so much fun--but I've actually been working hard on behaving myself lately. :rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
X-Ball dream teams

Originally posted by Nick Iuel-Brockdorff
yeah - I benched myself ;)
Nick
You benched yourself ??????????????

My God !!!!!!!
Don't tell me somebody actually slipped a 'reality' pill into your coffee cuz I ain't gonna believe you are displaying your first birth- pangs of humility ?

Pete :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by manike
John Richardson from Avalanche(way under rated because he's too nice and quiet)
Oli Lang from Dynasty (nuff said)
Max Lundqvist from GZ (when on form he is the best out of Europe in my opinion)
Todd Martinez from Avalanche
Mooner or Fritz from GZ. (need some solidity at the back)
manike
Hey Si,
I actually changed one of my American selections above for a Euro player because like a lot of people I think I fell victim to believing (temporarily) that the best players 'must' be Yanks when of course this is a flawed assumption.
And to that end I replaced one of the Yank players with Fredericke Halmone of the Ton Tons who I believe is probably one of the greatest Euro players ever along with Max and a few others.
It’s certainly a tough call between Max and Freddy but it’s cool to have two players like that playing over here.
Let’s hope these X-Ball trials can throw up a few Brits to stand alongside those just mentioned.
And I really do think we have a few in there, believe me, no names mentioned just yet though :)
Pete