Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Tournament

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
It would be a good idea to have a coupla sup'air fields to travel to different campuses like exeter say or wherever and have a kit rental trhingy goin on as well maybe? I dunno.

From what I see the only guys with the money to play will be the foreign students anyway.

ian brown

Aug 19, 2001
Bournemouth
Visit site
Good idea may increase the popularity of the sport if other students are watching. Yeah dunno where the foriegn students get all there money from but they have all the nice cars and stuff!!! I think the bloke that mentioned it was Alex from team rocket. Im trying to get a team together at Bourenmouth Uni but there arent that many players. I would try to organize something but being my final year finding the time is a bit hard.

Dave
DOA(Sort Of)

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
Uni tourneys.

im down at anglia university. and we have a team here who are willing to set up their sup air field for us to do a university team and to play against other uni's we are just in the stages of sorting it out at the momement.
will post a message when i get more information.

Andy.
team Outkasts

nipper

Oct 4, 2001
yeah i may be able to get a team sorted at southampton

i think ive spotted a couple of paintballers here (noticed some t shirts)

i will put a notice on the uni board and see what happens

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
The NUS claims to have approximately 750 members (university unions). If you managed to get one 5 man team from each of them, you would have 3750 players to cater for... Have you thought of that!!! :)

That would be a huge tournament - does anyone know how many players were at the World Cup this year?

I don't know how much has been organised yet but surely you could rent an entire campus for a weekend including their sports fields. Get Bully to organise 100 Sup'rAir fields, get every site in the country to lend 10 markers and you could be well on the way (ps. very simplified model i admit):p

But seriously, does anyone know how many players there were at the World Cup?

Stan

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
About 3/4 of the universities I contacted responded to say they don't have paintball societes. Only about 20 or so responed positvely so the numbers should not be too much of a problem. It's unlikely a uni would be willing to have it's sports field ruined by paintball. Our uni gets upset when it see the state of the lacrosse pitch after a match let alone letting paintballers loose on our immaculate football pitches.