Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

uped ion vs shocker

i have to argue on the effecincy issue, i have a lucky stage 1 2 and 3 combo as well as a qev, and only manage 1600 shots of a 1.1 4500 psi fill

then with the same paint and freak insert in the shocker (before anyone blames the barrel) i get 1800

yes, im not gonna argue that the ion is fantastic, i have been saying that for a long time, but i still recon for a few reasons the shocker is better if not simply for the ease of matinance alone

-Mat

ToXiN

Feel it....
Jun 28, 2006
UK
1800 from a shocker?

I'm impressed, HE kits generally only give about 1300 tops. What bolt do you have in there?

bulldog2k

1500 shots = 180 in the hopper + 9 pods. That's some big games you're playing, bigger than I play because I don't take out more than 6 no matter what position I play, so I'm not fussed about efficiency.

ToXin said:
BUT (and it's a big BUT) the NXT platform Shocker is due for release soon, fixing the alot of the minor problems that the Shocker has, then i think you'll find it'll come out on top without breaking a sweat.

Go on - why? (and I repeat - I sold my Ego because I preferred the Ion)

ToXiN

Feel it....
Jun 28, 2006
UK
Ooo Garfs....thats a tough one!

Trying to convince a die-hard Ion lover like yourself would be damn near impossible!

Umm......I give up........i'll get my coat!.......:p

bulldog2k

Well, ya see, I don't think I'm a die-hard anything - I want to try other things, hence I bought the Ego. I just say it as I see it - Mr Countdown, if you will. I just like the Ion - i don't see it as the be all and end all, I just prefer it to anything else out there at the mo.

But that's just me...

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Well, ya see, I don't think I'm a die-hard anything - I want to try other things, hence I bought the Ego. I just say it as I see it - Mr Countdown, if you will. I just like the Ion - i don't see it as the be all and end all, I just prefer it to anything else out there at the mo.

But that's just me...
Bulldog, I'd hate to call into question anyone's objectivity, but you'd have an easier time selling a Mennonite satellite TV than you would convincing you, by any means known to man, that the Ion isn't the single best paintball marker ever built. :D

I don't care for SP guns, but it seems to me that in order to comare to a "high end" gun, the Ion has to have damn near every stock part replaced or modified in some way (like the gun in question, for instance) at a cost of hundreds of dollars. I'd rather buy a gun that started out that way.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com

But that's just me...

wasnt that catch phrase?