Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrades Are Comin On MY Shutter

Ty247c

Nov 7, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I am thinkin about buying a ACI Sub-Zero 6 Stage Expansion Chamber
for my shutter. Also while I am at it I want to get a steal braided hose. I was wondering if I need anything else like fittings to go with the hose? Also what is your opinion on the expansion chamber?? Any better options? Also getting a 14' teardrop barrel...

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
If I remember correctly, the shutter has a mini-expansion chamber after the regulator, which is a waste of time. Replace the fore-grip/expansion chamber with a vertical regulator (like the PMI reg), and replace the bottom line regulator with a standard bottom line. And then get an anti-siphon tube fitted to your CO2 tank, which stops liquid getting into the regulator.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
In fact, fitting a decent expansion chamber like the ACI on its own would be a really bad idea, since it restricts flow from the regulator, so you'd get serious drop off when firing rapidly.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I wouldn't say that. In US prices:

PMI vertical regulator - $42
Bottom line adapter - about $10
Anti-siphon tube (fitted) - about $10

Compare this to the $35 for an expanion chamber that, on an unmodified spyder shutter, will ruin your performance without other changes, and it's not so bad at all. Besides, an anti-siphon tube is always a good idea, on any gun running on vapour CO2.