Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Useful (?) tip for Halos

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
On the Halos I've seen so far - all 3 of them, & 2 of them were mine :) - there's quite a lot of slack on the lid when it's open, allowing it to wiggle from side to side, which can make it difficult to close it quickly.

What I did is pop along to Maplins & pick up a box of their thinest plastic shims. I then dismantled my Halo, slipped a shim on either end of the lid retaining pin and got rid of the slack.

The good point: I don't need to worry about the lid skewing off to one side & thus not closing when I'm in a hurry.

The bad point: It can be a pig to find thin enough shims which means that the lid sticks shut :eek: , I ended up sanding down one of the shims to get rid of this problem.

As a last note: get a Revo as a backup hopper. If you get a broken ball in a Halo, it's a major job to clean it, it took me longer than having to swap out an exhaust valve on an Angel LCD. Whilst I find the Halo to be the better hopper, the Revo is far easier to clean.

Mike

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Should be LJ88V (6BA Nylon Washers), unless I've got my sizes mixed up, in which case it's LJ86T (2BA Nylon Washers) - I can't remember whether 2BA or 6BA is smaller when talking about washers.

They come in packs of 25 & cost a whole 79p per pack.

I would have thought you'd need to sand them down if your're using them to take the slack from a trigger - what marker are we talking about? Another idea is to use macroline/microline instead, if you can cut it fine enough.