Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

valve for cocker

happyimbecile

Oct 3, 2001
nyc
Visit site
i'd like to make my ac2k more efficient and am contemplating which aftermarket valve to buy. there's the rat, the rocket and the expensive tornado (is it really worth the money?). any suggestions from personal experience?
my current ac2k set up is, bomb 3-way, adjuster cap for stock wgp in-line reg, ans 45frame and belsales rolling sear, pmi 88/3000 pre-set hpa. thanks.

merciless

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
ok, can anyone exlain to me how the fre flow cocker works and what is that big difference between it and other cockers...and whatis the best bold out on the market now

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
The difference between a FF and any other high end custom cocker or true custom is so small you wont notice any difference unless you "want" to. Any of the good rep vavles (Rocket/RED/Rat/Supercharger/tornado) as about as good as each other. I have used Rocket and supercharger - no big diff between then although the Rocket slightly edged on pressure

In terms of flow the Stock bolt is hard to beat, whatever people may say - but a Z cut Lightning is just too damm sexy for words :D

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
The difference between a FF and any other high end custom cocker or true custom is so small you wont notice any difference unless you "want" to.
Well there is actually a pretty big difference between a FF and other high end cockers, Freeflows cycling rate i.e. the pressure that it operates the ram at is 35psi (i think some models are below that). This basically means that the bolt only has 35 psi operating it, instead of anywhere between 60-80psi on other cockers. So chopping balls with a FF is pretty much impossible.

From what i've read they do this by micro-honing the bore, polishing the hammer and lightening the springs, in combination with a good LPR so allow the cocking pressure to be so low.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24611&highlight=freeflow

It's not perfect, they can chop. I have had my Eclipse stop on balls, being able to shoot a cocker properly makes more difference than the cocking psi.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19799&highlight=freeflow

Tells you how it's done.

I am not saying there is no difference at all but just one that, from any other well set up gun, is not as huge as people make out.

I personally have shot 2 FF's and still prefer my Eclipse - it's not "better" but just I prefer it