Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

vforce grill vs dye i4

mike "nemo" berry

Feb 5, 2013
help me out im around 5'11 and 15 looking to upgrade my proto fs, the i4s look good but the fitting the face issue seems to be a problem, then theres the grill it looks awesome but ive heard problems saying it has poor prefiral vision, help please.

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
the i4s look good but the fitting the face issue seems to be a problem, then theres the grill it looks awesome but ive heard problems saying it has poor prefiral vision, help please.
I have both

The I4's fit your face perfectly

they can feel small on some peoples faces (unless you have a small face to start with) and
they feel more exposed around chin area and top of head however they are super, super light because they are a more fitted mask.
They have great vision, excellent lenses that don't fog as a rule.

The Grills fit your face perfectly and give more protection around the chin area.

They do have a narrower peripheral vision than the I4's but no more than any other mask,
I personally don't mind this slightly narrower vision as it allows me to focus on who or where I am going to shoot in tourny

I prefer to wear I4s when I am playing woodball as they allow plenty of light in when your in a darker enviroment and good allround vision
lenses are second to none for not fogging.https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=CQC&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&q=peripheral+vision&spell=1&sa=X&ei=SaU0UYmlEZD70gXG5YGICw&ved=0CC8QvwUoAA&biw=1440&bih=724

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
personal preference tbh. owned both and i preferred the grillz. can't say i noticed a reduction in the field of vision in practise, and both masks breath well, fit well, don't steam up, are comfortable to wear. i guess i'd maybe even be inclined to say the grillz wins because it offers all the same features for less cost? after everything, i think the grillz look more badass than i4s but there you go :p

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
I too have owned both, my personal cons (if I was being picky) for the grills are the dip on the top of the mask (the peak cures this but seems to make vision slightly worse) and if you get shot in the grill at the front you eat a lot of paint. The i4 cons for me is jaw exposure, no available peak and cost.
That's just being fussy really, both great masks and the grills do look badass (reminds me of a space marine)...

Oh I also like the click out foam system in the grills, great idea...

Reactions: Ollie91

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
Both are quick and easy to change/remove the lense, you can replace the foam on the grills, not sure about the i4s, grills come with a peak, I4s come standard with a thermal lense, grillz come with a thermal coated single lense, which are good till the coating wears. think thermal lenses for both cost around the same £20 mark.

As said above its personal preference, its you who is going to have them on your head all day, you need to try them both on, see which suits the shape of your bonce.

Personally im a big fan of the grills, but i have a big head haha