Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Virus!!!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Just been notified by my IS helpdesk at work here that I picked up a virus from the P8ntballer boards :(

Other users beware, & can the p8ntballer techies get the boards cleaned please.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It's somehow attached to the "Night ooooot" thread in Tournament. Technically I'm not supposed to come back on these boards at all from my work PC until it's been cleaned, but how can I know it's clean unless I look?

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
If it's from someones avatar then it won't just be the night ooot thread - it'll be every post he's made.

Nasty bugger that one - a bit of script that writes itself over all your media files - I lost around 15GB of mp3s to it at christmas. :(

if it's not been already done, his avatar needs deleting from his profile.

Draven

Jedi Master / bunker sl*t
Nov 19, 2001
in a house
www.diablopaintballing.com
sounds familiar,.. i lost 72 hr's 5 mins worth of ripped mp3's to something like that and then it proceeded to forward itself on to everyone in my contact list,.. just finnished paying of the phone bill from all the text messages i sent out warning people to delete the offending email,.. but it slipped past quite a few of my friends virus protection,..

would love to catch the author of that one,.. Mourning Star's not to happy either he had about 20Gb's worth of music on his computer and it ate all of it cos it got sent to him by someone on my contact list

my advice to the author if he frequents these boards is:- get a life, frying other peoples computers isn't big, and it isn't clever

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
damn........

damn thankxz for the notice..... im updating my virus deffinitions and scanning .... hopes my fire wall and nortan can take care of it... so it only effects media files? any other details? um i might need to stay off the boards for a while.... and how exactally do u get rid of it if its detected?