Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vote for Trump?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I tell ya what they are doing there Missy, how long do you think that nation will be selling oil to China after the Yanks have gone in. I don't think it will be China's interests that will be looked after when the new regime takes over .. to think any different is surely political naivity.
This is Trumps point. The new regime have 'shown ties' to Iran, and even Al Queda(sp). They (the west) should have gone in sooner, before these loyalties were fostered, but if they go in now are they just paving the way for Iran to put their guy in place?
There doesn't seem to be any pro-US sentiment in Libya, that's for sure. It's not like the opposition are Christian capitalists...

The bigger picture is that if, through some masterplan, the US get the oil (I don't envision this) then the Chinese, by default, do not get it. What does that do? It forces up the price of gas in China. That means everything we buy gets more expensive, and WE see increased inflation. To counter that they do what they always do - put up the interest rates, and we all pay out, again. It actually may not even be in the US interests to get the oil from Libya in the long run?
Even more worryingly, China have now gone from a food exporter to a food importer. The connotations of this are huge too. The price of corn rises, and we all pay more for our food.
I digress.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It is indeed a cess-pit of poorly-disguised self-interest. Trump is being touted as the businessman the US needs to right things financially at home. He will no doubt scrap the heath-care plan immediately, because he will be funded by the republicans, who are funded by the pharmaceutical & oil companies. I think the guy has a big mouth, and that is his biggest weakness/area of liability. He can be blunt and offensive, has been bankrupt more than once, married god-knows how many times, and the way he handled that Rosanne Barr thing was class-less.

having said that, do you think his 'straight-talk approach would be better than the bull**** people already put up with from the established politicians?

The reality is Missy, the American peoples allegedly get what [who] they deserve and so any talk of Trump or whoever is somewhat academic for me.
The only guy who I have ever seen with what looked like a modicum of integrity was Conan Powell; that guy I might have trusted ... but that trust would have lasted but one day I'm afraid which is the time it would take for the tentacles of governmental self-interest to embrace and finally choke him out.

Once he declined the opportunity to represent the American peoples, I lost faith and hope in any political process and indeed, in any politician in terms of bringing some semblance of integrity to the government of the US nation.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The reality is Missy, the American peoples allegedly get what [who] they deserve and so any talk of Trump or whoever is somewhat academic for me.
The only guy who I have ever seen with what looked like a modicum of integrity was Conan Powell; that guy I might have trusted ... but that trust would have lasted but one day I'm afraid which is the time it would take for the tentacles of governmental self-interest to embrace and finally choke him out.

Once he declined the opportunity to represent the American peoples, I lost faith and hope in any political process and indeed, in any politician in terms of bringing some semblance of integrity to the government of the US nation.
Let me put it like this, just to see which way you sway

You're a US citizen with a vote you plan to use.
You have 3 options:

Vote Democrat (Obama's 2nd term - provided he is not outed as 'unqualified')
Vote for a republican white Christian politician
Vote for republican Trump (not exactly a politician)

Where do you sign your name? I mean, thats the choice the guys in the US have, kinda, so what do you do if you're them?

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
I find the whole notion of American politics a farce not least because the candidates all seem so schooled and so disingenuous.
They are an insult to true poltiical representation.
Their presence in front of the camera is always an act, and in my mind it doesn't matter who gets in, they are all as corrupt and as incompetent as one another; and the reason I suggest this is because there is an enormous, somewhat immovable inertia surrounding the real things to be done such as the health-care problem.

The incestuous relationships between the insurance companies and medical professions is at least immoral and at worst corrupt; it serves no other purpose than to protect the financial interests of both parities .. people do not matter, money does in America ... it infects every single level of political activity you could think of.

And yet the feigned disgust when accused of such behaviour is sickening to witness; almost as sickeningly hypocritical as the words, 'In God we Trust' on their banknotes as millions of dollars are fed thru to corrupt regimes and corporations.
The good people of America are hogtied and to an extent brainwashed by their media, they live in a virtual world that is a construct of their media, Hollywood, their politics and lastly money ... there is little room for any moral consideration or humane political activism within government itself.
I am apolitical and look in from the outside and what I see is one big ***-off powder keg .... I hope I'm wrong.
I was gunna type out my respone until I read this. fantastic. :D sums it up in a nut shell.

American politics is dominated by the rich and for the rich. The self bravado of "leader of the free world" bombing around the world in a blood for oil tactic, while there population is racked with poverty. Land of free...........markets!

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I still think the reason Obama got in to presidency was a little to do with his skin colour. I know, I know, its the whole first black president thing, but every single time I watched anything about the election it was about race and all the coloured and minorities seemed to come out of the woodwork to vote. People who don't normally vote and may not do it again. "i'm dwayne i'm 28 and this is my fist vote and im voting obama to be the first black president" . .. . it was a good way to secure alot of votes. Certainly played out alot in the media. He did give a good speach too.

This time I think he will be judged on what he has achieved, lied about (a certain camp is still open I believe), and his future promises. I hope.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Let me put it like this, just to see which way you sway

You're a US citizen with a vote you plan to use.
You have 3 options:

Vote Democrat (Obama's 2nd term - provided he is not outed as 'unqualified')
Vote for a republican white Christian politician
Vote for republican Trump (not exactly a politician)

Where do you sign your name? I mean, thats the choice the guys in the US have, kinda, so what do you do if you're them?

If i was a US citizen .... and with no disrepsect intended, I am glad I am not, I would not lower myself to vote; I would see it as conceding to the corrupt system that offers up those options.

I realise I would then attract the inevitable cirtiicism that follows such inaction but I would cite the occasion when Bush engineered his vote to the white house through his brother's political machinations in Florida, he basically frauded his way in ... my one vote makes no difference either way .. to believe this is not the case is self-delusion at its most profound.

I would withhold my vote; my vote has integrity,it is mine to give and it cannot and will not support any of those candidates, all of whom do not in any way derserve MY vote, I would not soil my vote ... and come on Missy, you knew full well I was gonna say that ... or something like it anyway.
The American peoples deserve better ...

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I was gunna type out my respone until I read this. fantastic. :D sums it up in a nut shell.
While it may sum up US politics well enough, it doesn't answer the question.

If I was asked if, given the choice, I wanted beef or chicken, I would not answer "well what's the point of choosing beef or chicken when what I really want is for everyone to be a vegetarian."
Vegetables arn't an option. A US election will be a circus, for sure, and we will all scoff at it, and that won't change a thing.

To explain myself further, I always wanted Richard Bransen to run for PM. I think he would be brilliant. This is almost the no-class US version of that...

My question, worded more clearly, is:
Can a proven, yet ruthless businessman, with Trumps profile, history and reputation, do a better job of steering the US through their crisis years, as president, than a trained politician, and what do you feel the challenges would be in this scenario, should it come to pass?

BTW. This is Brain-Box.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
If i was a US citizen .... and with no disrepsect intended, I am glad I am not, I would not lower myself to vote; I would see it as conceding to the corrupt system that offers up those options.

I realise I would then attract the inevitable cirtiicism that follows such inaction but I would cite the occasion when Bush engineered his vote to the white house through his brother's political machinations in Florida, he basically frauded his way in ... my one vote makes no difference either way .. to believe this is not the case is self-delusion at its most profound.

I would withhold my vote; my vote has integrity,it is mine to give and it cannot and will not support any of those candidates, all of whom do not in any way derserve MY vote, I would not soil my vote ... and come on Missy, you knew full well I was gonna say that ... or something like it anyway.
The American peoples deserve better ...
C'mon Pete, it's a total Cop-out, and barely speaks to the topic.

Perhaps now that I've framed my question more clearly?

BTW - I have to step-into my US mate (staying with me) again tonight. I was hoping for some useful & incisive insight, and you're giving me the whole 'protest-vote" thing?