• Go Back to Woodland Paintball

Votes: 29 13.9%

• Total voters

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com
I voted for 7man, to be honest the best format I have played with the formula5 a very close second.

There is very little atmosphere at most of the events that I have attended, and no real buzz off field like there used to be when I was playing the d7s, a good few years ago now:eek:

I agree that most fields now are set up for the smaller more athletic players, which I think has deterred a lot of the bigger less athletic ballers, and its a shame because paintball was one sport that you didn't have to be slim, fast and fit to play, you look back a few years there where a lot of older bigger players whom now I bet most are playing in the woods.

Other things that have killed paintball IMO are ramping, smaller fields, constantly changing rules, expense and too many formats.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
The post was on View From the Deadbox, Pete, by an anonymous poster.

Anon said:
ps. euro anon here, for the ameritards, that wasn't a jab at eclipse if you didn't know they tried. UK had a huge federation event with awesome prices and lots of support, and teams didnt show up. Hilarious stuff. That can happen only in UK. I can tell you that everyone else in europe was drooling over those prices, they were unheard off.

Maybe if DYE ran a real league here, maybe..
There's some interesting reading over there, for anyone interested

http://viewfromthedeadbox.blogspot.com/2011/05/bar-too-high.html

Reactions: Robbo

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
start off with 3 man then 5man for the smaller teams then 7man for the elite
also stick with 10 bps ramping as semi can`t be controlled from cheater boards,the day it can then semi only :) and 280fps so my ukpsf insurance is valid:)

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
The bit that interests me is how many people here have played f5? 200? and of those 17 have voted so far, now how many of us have played xball or 7 man?, we are in the thousands at least! It shows (well in my mind anyhow!) that those that have played/seen F5 have been affected/converted by it!
Tbh it has got me out of semi retirement!
If you were to return to playing week after week, which would you go for Robbo?

bbarathy

boBToo
Jul 3, 2006
Somerset UK
I voted for 7 man unlocked leagues although I would actually vote for 5 man unlocked! I have no experience of F5 as yet so can't really comment on that format but I would love to play some competitive woodsball again.

Maybe what we need is some kind of league system that encompasses different formats at different rounds!

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
i think there should be or could be a middle ground here somewhere surely?!

Most people love the fact xball gives you that second chance to turn your game around, and the race to 2 format cuts down the rediculous paint consumptions. Could this not be a starting block for a meiddle ground somewhere?

Gotta be honest 7man was over before i really played much, 5man was over too fast and no one feels its value for money unless you get to play a hell of a lot of games in a day!

F5 i've never played it, however the format doesnt float my boat particularly!

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
I agree with Robbo Xball and locked divs has been killing our sport each yeah the biggest tourneys have less and less teams i am afraid the writing is on the wall for Xball only people that play it cant see it .
I have been playing paintball since the woodsball days through xball (which made me give up) now i only play F5s because it ticks all the boxes for me its great value for money, loads of gametime , the capabilty of clawing a game back , and to top it all off if a judge makes a wrong call it does not wipe out 20% of your team its only 1 point .
Yes Xball does give you a second chance of another 30 seconds of play but going to another country or paying good money for what amouts to very limited playing time does not float my boat ethier.
After F5 for me it would be 7 man with woodsball coming a very very close second maybe what you should have done Robbo is give a second option too or place them in order of preference.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Having no experience, apart from watching a few tourney's, all i can offer is what i think i prefer :(

The one that does get me the most is F5, looked and read about it a lot, but never had chance to play or watch, i need to change this :) .

Been training with Kinetic and been to watch the NSPL @ bricket, love the pace and speed of that, but from what i can see, you can end up spending £100 + and only get a few minutes of actual game time.

So i voted F5, just because the format, seems to be a good compromise, i may be wrong, until i see or play, its just an opinion from others comments.