Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

*WARNING* About Dive Bottles

darm

Coach- Taunton Snatch Uk
Jul 6, 2001
Devon (UK)
www.facebook.com
I've just taken my Govnair bottle to be retested and was chatting to the guy at JR Services where they do the testing and he said to be very careful about buying secondhand dive bottles at the moment due to a new legislation in dive bottles. Not sure what that legislation is all about, but he said a lot of divers/dive shops are selling their secondhand dive bottles to the paintball/airgun community and when they go to be tested they fail immediately.
For more info or your bottle to be retested speak to them on 01884 266400 or mobile 07816898083 (UK)

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
I hve looked into various dive tanks recently. I've been told by various sources that if a dive tank has EVER been used for diving (regardless of whether or not you want to use it solely for land use, ie paintball) then it will continue to be classed as a tank used for scuba and will need to be tested every 2 years. A visual test which costs about £30 and then a hydrostatic test which costs about £60, alternately. Then if it is not a steel tank (eg an alloy) it will need an additional stress factor test inbetween visual and hydrostatic testing. A cheaper option in the long run is to go for a new tank which will only require a test every 5 years. A new 12litre 4500 psi, 300 bar with a dedicated land fill valve will cost in the region of £190-£220 depending on where you go. i guess 232 bar/300psi is a bit cheaper. Check that the bottle you are buying (new) is not old stock because if it was manufactured before (I think) May this year it may still need testing more often than 5 years even if dedicated to land use by way of a land fill valve.