Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Water in a thermal lense

beeson

Dec 23, 2008
Lincoln
Ok so I came home and washed my mask a couple of nights ago and put it to dry in my window but there seems to be water in the middle bit of the lense.
does anyone know any good ways to get this out? I tried puttin it on the radiator but it just leaves an even bigger mess across the lense which means i can barely see through it :(

cheers

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I left mine wrapped in blanket and put it in my airing cupboard for a few days, now all is fine and there no water marks either.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
Re

Ok so I came home and washed my mask a couple of nights ago and put it to dry in my window but there seems to be water in the middle bit of the lense.
does anyone know any good ways to get this out? I tried puttin it on the radiator but it just leaves an even bigger mess across the lense which means i can barely see through it :(

cheers
just leave upright in a warm/hot place sorted

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
A way I found that works is put a bag of those water absorbing crystals you get in some packaging in you mask bag. Or you can also get the same thing from places like wilkinsons for window condensation trap. It is also great for drying out your foam and strap.

beeson

Dec 23, 2008
Lincoln
ok I've bee trying a hair dryer for a couple of hours now and to be honest it just seems to have made it worse,
I had it perfect then my dad asked if he could wear it while he was cutting the grass with a strimmer to stop grass going in his eyes and now I can't see anything but smudges across the lense :'(
any other reasonably fast ways to do it?, need them ready for masters on sunday

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
What mask is the lens from???

If that water still hasnt dried after a couple of hours attacking it with a hair dryer then i think your problem is more than a bit of trapped water!

Are you sure the lens hasnt been damaged by your dad using it as an improvised strimmer shield?

beeson

Dec 23, 2008
Lincoln
its from a jt flex 8- its a smoked one if that makes any difference :rolleyes:

I have a clear one but I don't know how to fit it because I asked bz paintball to fit the smoke one before they shipped it out.
Think anyone at the masters would be kind enough to do it for me if the smoked hasn't cleared? :eek:

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
They are a bit fiddly to change mate, but easy enough once you know how.
Im sure there will be someone around that will show you how to change it. :D