Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WDP 2 - Smart Parts 0

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
An official statement will be made soon, SP will be licking their wounds put it that way.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
How soon?, something's always rotten in Denmark when the sycophants hit the hype offensive before the "facts are known".

Viewed from above or independently the actions of both parties are bad for Paintball; to varying degrees of course.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
SP made the first move and attacked various companies, it's only common sense for WDP to defend their property rights. This is not a 'hype offensive' and the facts are very real. You always get this impatient around christmas?:rolleyes:

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Not really impatient, I've checked all the packages under the tree, and I'm pretty sure none of them contain a new Range Rover but I digress.

I hope that justice does prevail in the patent case, however so many people are caught up in the PR war and that SP is destroying Paintball hoopla, they and others are losing touch with reality.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
The only reality is that SP tried to block out competition by making claims that were judged baseless. In my opinion, any negative PR against them is of their own doing......that was the risk of the path they chose

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
Lifted from here

WDP wins lawsuit vs. Smart Parts in Wisconsin
By Dale Ford
Dec 10, 2004, 10:40

Email the editor
Send to a friend
Print friendly version
Got a scoop/event?

Word has it from resources on the net and unnamed sources that the 2004 case that WDP brought against Smart Parts in Wisconsin has gone to trial and a jury has ruled in favor of WDP. No word on any damages awarded yet, but the jury in the trial has ruled in favor of WDP. Judge John C. Shabaz presided over the trial, which started at 9 AM on December 6th.

Earlier this year Judge Garr M. King ruled in favor of WDP in a related case in the Federal Courts in Oregon. That particular case was brought by Smart Parts against WDP, and WDP was vindicated by Judge King's ruling.

As with the 2002 Oregon case, the ruling today on the 2004 Wisconsin case further weakens Smart Parts' claim to have invented the electronic paintball marker, and their patent on it. It's still not clear as to what effect today's ruling will have on the agreements that Smart Parts has secured with other marker manufacturers.

I have sent an email to Owen Ronayne of WDP and Spesh Robinson of Smart Parts asking for comment, and I'll post their responses here if and when I receive them

dnafwtbtitft

The bell tolls...
Jul 23, 2003
In my own little world.
Visit site
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
It should really get fun when SP ship markers in breach of the injunction placed on them.

See you all on friday. :)
Injunction? Are you serious? Did WDP get an injunction to stop SP selling guns with certain features?

OMG that would be amazing/awesome/hilarious.

Someone tell us more!