Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

welding bottle refill

longman

Mar 5, 2010
hi i used to work on a site that used 3000 bar welding bottles to fill the air bottles for the markers.
Does any one know what size compressor you would have to uce to fill one of those up???

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
any diving compressor will fill them, just depends how quickly you want it done and how much you want to spend.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Safety first - do not mess with compressed air if you do not fully understand.

BAR and PSI are very different things.
http://www.centauro-owners.com/articles/psibar.html

Size equates to capacity not pressure. Note the bigger the cylinder the more air it will hold, not the higher the pressure.

When using a large cylinder to fill paintball cylinders the pressure will still drop, so if filling from empty you need to fill the individual cylinders to a lower pressure to extend the time it takes the master cylinder to drop in pressure, or keep topping up from a compresor.

You will need a high pressure compressor not a tyre compressor or air brush compressor, but it must also be clean air.
These cost thousands, but a cheaper compressor had been announced in the US.

It is most likely not worth it - go to paintball sies or dive shops for cylinder fills.
Or if you have a non electric marker you can tweak with disposable CO2 and an adaptor.
Air left at the end of the day is usually sufficient for any home tweaking. (Technically you should not be transporting compresed air - have you told the insurers of any vehicles you travel from sites?) We may or may not need to legally have to display the compressed air sign as a private traveller - but the fire brigade would certainly prefer it is displayed even if you only have a half full 3000psi steel cylinder. They won't be impressed if they are cuttng you out of your car crash and find a cylinder.

If you have a genuine need for a private fill rig then get a scuba rig AND THE INSTRUCTION TO USE IT SAFELY.

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
3000 bar would last me all day. But

stands about 5ft tall

Could be awkward carrying around...

Think you'd need a VERY large compressor, otherwise it would take several days to fill.
You could charge 50p a fill from it tho'...

longman

Mar 5, 2010
thanks for the responses guys,
it's ok i do know the difference between bar and psi,no i wont be driving it around it will be on site purely to refill 0.8l 3000psi bottles which will be on markers. I worked for 2 years on the same system i described but never thought to write down the make and model of the compressor.