Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WGP Ranger HPA?

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Don't know how far back you techs go with knowledge on markers, but there is a shiny sticker to the 1st person who can answer this for me.

I have got a WGP Ranger dating approx 1992.I have only used CO2 with it, but was just wondering if it possible to use HPA... And of course what mods I will have to do to it.

Any help in this will be greatfully received. And don't forget the sticker..... (y)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Should be fine, in case you didn't know the bolt is adjustable. I tend to find that nelsons need turning up when you go from co2 to air. If you can't get the velocity high enough you can try changing the valve spring for softer or the main spring for stronger. Or you could check the bottom of the grip, all the ones I've seen have holes to mount an ASA, you could screw a cocker type reg into that and use that to adjust the velocity.

A cocker spring set should work in them.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As fodder said the inline reg is a good trick to getting CO2 markers to shoot right on HPA

The CO2 tanks ran at 600-700psi so wacking a 850psi bottle on the ASA normally has them shooting low. This is due to the valve cup seal getting held shut by the high input pressure. Re-springing may also help or perhaps try a medium pressure bottle like Guerrilla Myth which is set at 650psi

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yep good trick learnt from an expert (that's you Gee Tee). Been reading some stuff about running nelsons on CO2 in really hot weather with no valve spring in at all, kind of makes sense, the gauge on the back of my phantom got to 1100 psi in the middle of the one week heat wave we have up north.

MorphMann - if you need any spares for it try "bacci paintball" he'll ship to the UK and has bits for markers you've never even heard of.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
They even run better on 12g regulated with an inline. I tried it on one of my snipers and got almost 40 shots with a bit of tuning. The last 4 or 5 were pretty low at around 250fps, but it still gave me at least 35 full power shots. The best bit was the shot to shot consistency impoved dramatically.

The guys on MCB have been experimenting on this set-up for a while and got some amazing results

One test got almost 50 full power shots on a CCM pump from a single 12g :eek:

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
probably not, try just screwing an air bottle in first and see:

1) can you get the velocity playable?
2) is it comfy at your shoulder?

worry about everything else after.