Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What a load of ****

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
Looking at several air systems lately and for some honest advice rather then the usual retail bullshi*t i went to www.pbreview.com to see what people thought about their systems and everything has stupidly high ratings like 8,9,10 even bloody talon pump pistols:mad:

i want to know whats crap about these systems if anything
4500 maxflow
armaggedon 4500psi
apocalypse 2k 4500psi

by the way its 4 a shocker with a vert maxflow

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
The MaxFlow would be best for a Shocker as it can operate at the low pressure so you wouldn't need a 2nd reg. With the Armageddon you'd need to run it inline with the reg that came with the Shocker. Don' t know about the apocalypse.

Hope that helps.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
good choices

About said airsystems, each of them fine systems indeed:

All 3 are expensive, in my opinion more expensive than necessary for a Shocker where regulation already occurs in the Maxflow. A simple Pure Energy or Crossfire would do nicely. Be that as it may...

1. Maxflow--
Advantages:
a. Anyone that owns a Shocker already knows how one works and how to take care of it.
b. Proven winning combination for a Shocker. In fact, it was designed for it in the first place.
c. Great service with SP Europe. (Often service of SP US is spotty: good sometimes, sometimes downright crappy.)

Disadvantages:
a. Sensitive to dirt. But hey, if you're running a Shocker, you're used to disassembling and cleaning stuff anyway and don't mind, right?
b. If you're in the US, which is a non-issue to you, you're dealing with Smart Parts.
c. If any but the latest Maxflow is bought, unless you get that ridiculously expensive ($50+ if I recall correctly) OTP cap with the allen screwed locking ring, there is the possibility of it turning up high involuntarily (mimicking the notorious Maxflow chrono cheat) and blowing your low pressure relief plug and/or your gauge. Yes, this happened to me. It sucks when it happens.

2. Armageddon--
Advantages:
a. Simple design.
b. Light.
c. Extra bottles easy to come by.
d. Can be and is often match anno'd to your gun.

Disadvantages:
a. More expensive than it should be.
b. Bottles easily stolen. You can't prove yours is yours. Yes this happens.
c. Short threading, meaning easily taken off intentionally or unintentionally. Easily solved problem, just screw it back in, although this SUCKS if all the sudden on the break your gun goes "click click click" instead of "pop pop pop" and paint is flying at you RIGHT NOW.

3. Apocalypse--
Advantages:
a. One of the oldest designs in paintball. Hell, it must be worth keeping or people wouldn't have.
b. Old Apoc 3000's can be quickly and cheaply into new 4500's, saving much appreciated money if you go bargain shopping for old/used systems.
c. Can be rebuilt with Mag spare parts which are easily found and not difficult to understand.
d. Can withstand significant punishment and still function well.
In fact, damn near impervious to external damage.

Disadvantages:
a. Bulkier than a substantial number of other air systems.
b. Stiff on/off, which actually may not be such a bad thing when considered that it can't be easily accidentally turned off, but that's your call.
c. Heavy when they were stainless...haven't picked up an aluminum yet.

There are some of the relevent facts. That answer your question? All 3 have tons of people out there that know them well, so if anything goes wrong or you have a question, someone near you will know how to help.

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
Originally posted by james adkin
Tom i thought u were getting a new Shocktech Cocker?

Any news from Sam or Colby Keats?

Anyone interested in buying ur cocker?

James:D :D :D

The shocktech/freeflow can wait till i sell my shocker cause i really need a air system now plus i wont have to use that 1.1 filed with co2 which weighs about 5lbs (I think thats right) so the extra weight off my shocker may sway me to keep it cause u gotta love that trigger.

dunno will give um a ring

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Tom

Ahhhhhhhhhhh sorted, sorted.

Well Ed the goth dude who playeed at the last temple needs to know by friday if we can put a team in. I have 2 other people who used 2 play and want to again but they have sold their kit. Major problem. So with u and me that would make 5 with Ed. But if you can get Sam and Kolby then we might kick some ass, as i dont know what the other 2 are like.

And when i played for the untouchables at the last bullswood we came last but 1 great fun day that was.

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Hay sean sounds like you've done some stuff to your gun.

Hope to see the baby in action down at Bullswood.

Hope we play each other, sorry for mugging you in advance.

See you Sunday at the 'Staff doo'