Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what air tank for a mini

maggo87

Apr 23, 2010
Hull
Hi all
Just wondered what tank i should use with my mini, i have read it runs better with a low pressure tank but i havent a clue what im looking at, please help.
Cheers

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
The Mini will happily use HP or LP. Removing an HP air bottle from the ASA can be difficult due the to higher pressure.
You can add either a thread-saver, which screws on to the ASA to gas & de-gas the marker, or buy the regulator for the Empire Axe which incorporates a lever on the underside to do the same.
I use an NDZ thread-saver (from America for @£30). With a little silicon lube on the threads, the air bottle is very easy to remove from the marker.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
When i was reading through my mini manual the other day, it's constantly saying in big red letters "only use low pressure gas, high pressure can ruin the internals" blah blah blah...
...I suddenly got worried :p I haven't had the mini that long, so i wasnt sure if there was damage over time or something with it? or is that just a load of bs?

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Been using an HP air bottle on a Mini for over a year with no problems; the ASA-mounted reg copes fine reducing the bottle output to operating pressure. No idea why the warning. Perhaps Bolter can throw some light on this one...