Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What are the Best Paintballs to Use?

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
ok so ive been thinking about this for a while, usualy i just use the sterling paint that my team captain gets but ive been thinking, since im using a DM8 now, it will be a lot lighter on paint, but i dont know what to go for realy! I play mainly scenario but i have begun to dabble in a bit of tourney since i got to uni. Im looking for something that will be good in the forests but will also consistantly break on impact, which was why i was thinkign about tourney paint. Anyone got any recomendations? These are what ive been looking at, if anyone could comment on them id appreciate it:

RPS Allstars
RPS Marbalizers
RPS Ramp
Draxxus Inferno
Draxxus Hellfire
Draxxus Blaze
Diable Heat
Proto Paintballs
Diablo Formula 13
RPS Nightmare
Chronic Paintballs

Any help and recomendations would be much apreciated :p

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
i did see that, but no one has realy touched on the Allstars, inferno or Hellfire paintballs, there the ones im more interested in

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Allstar is a very good ball with a really thick gooey fill. People know when they have been hit by all-star cos it aint easy to wipe and the colours are so bright.

Marb is also a great paint, it just has to nick someone and it goes pop and gloops all over them. Really really hard to get off and if left on your clothes for more than 24 hours can leave a white stain. Gogg shots are great with this as long as it aint you that gets it.

Thing is if you are playing mainly woodsball you really want to shy away from the more exotic ball with the delicate shells and look for something that has a slightly more robust shell so that it can pass through leaves and stuff like that to tag the person. Using marb, allstar etc may mean that you are tagging flora rather than players if you get my drift.

I've used F13 and generally this has been quite a good ball. I (my 2p) would consider this an autumn paint rather than a summer or winter and is deffo good in the woods. Even used it at tournies a couple of times and got some good tags with it, but no where as near as good as marb or all star for tourney play.

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
hmm i see where your coming from on that, i knew people who used the Draxxus blaze and said it was good but im not sure, problem with Sterling is that it goes through leaves etc but dosnt always break. Might grab a box of allstars and see how i go on with them at the next big game, if there not shaping up too well il switch to either f13 or Draxxus Blaze.

However i am playing a big game in november so i might try something more seasonal for that

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
For woodsball Blaze carbon is the best stuff you can shoot IMO (if you can track some down ;)). The standard blaze tourney ball is pretty good, but i'd go for a regular training paint like F13 rather than pay extra for not much difference.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
F13 is good until it gets REALLY cold, i.e. freezing. Polar ice, frostbite are good paints for any temps below 10C, any warmer and it is like shooting marbles. There is a winter version of Proto but dont know how cold that is for but have used it on a mild day and it aint a bad ball to fire, just a bit hard with the warmer temps.