Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What are ur opinions on Nottingham 2K3

Dogtrigger

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Deadmans

I got shot after i got the flag, the player had sat down next to the dead box, he shot me in the ass but my four live team players showed him the errors of his ways, he won't ever do it again after all alls fair in love and war,

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Dead mans. Right pain in the butt (litteraly in Pauls(dogtrigger's) case :D :D) I aggree with the comments so far. At the last event Twisted played a guy had his hand just above his head but not actually touching :rolleyes: He only shot one guy though (who was already eliminated LMAO:D) before he got lit up.

Paul
:)

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Yes paul you are, i noticed that straight away but was far too busy to edit it.

Now edited to make you look even more Pedantic:p

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Great tourney loved every minute of it and loved our result too 5 points off 1st :).

One serious safety issue though:
I was hit in the ear whilst in the safe zone by a ball coming off the hyperball feild through the netting. It was travelling with enough velocity to leave a welt. If i had turned around then it could have hit me in the eye and i would have been possibly blinded. In my opinion either a double layer of netting is required or the netting to be replaced every time it is holed.

Jabba

Feb 12, 2003
York England
Visit site
Valid point Alex

At pretty much all the events i have played in the UK this year , we here stories of people getting hit in the "safe zone" or in areas that cars are parked.
My question is. Who is going to do something about it?
Should it be the site owner? The event organiser? The teams?The UKPSF?
I dont have all the answers , never have done , but it seems to me that this is one area of Paintball that can be controlled , we are always going to have people who cheat, but cant we sort out the off field safety issues.
This is not a dig at Skirmish or Bully or anyone else , we all want to play the sport safely dont we?

Later
Jabba

PS. Bully i am not having a moan because we are in Div A , I happen to think its a valid issue

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
I am not moaning just pointing out a valid safety point that should be addressed. I understand that any netting is going to get holed at some point by multiple imacts from paintballs.
I was not blaming anyone just pointing out an issue that needs to be addressed.
Is the netting used specifiacally designed for paintball or is it the same as used for building sites? If this is the case isn't it time that paintball specific netting is designed that can withstand multiple hits from paintballs?
Perhaps if a different material is used or a thicker/different weave.
Double layers of netting are safer but then it's often difficult to watch the game.

P

Phil

Dead Man's Walk

Originally posted by 7lash
Excellent day on Monday at the Skirmish Scramble - I loved every minute of it. Bully puts on top events and Nick, as ever, provides superb facilities. However, I do have one small whinge about the rules surrounding the dead man's walk -

Currently, no armbands are used at 2K3 events and an eliminated player indicates that he/she has been eliminated by placing a hand on his/her head - nothing else counts! So a player seeking to gain an advantage is well within the rules when he/she raises their arm in the air, pretending to be eliminated, walks down the side of the field and then proceeds to shoot the opposing team in the back.

The obvious solution for teams not wanting to fall prey to this move is to bonus-ball every player leaving the field that does not have his/her hand on their head. Sporting behaviour therefore goes out of the window, those getting bonus-balled get upset and tempers will flare.

Either make use of armbands or make the dead man's walk illegal. It will save a lot of aggro and help to ensure that 2K3 events remain fun to play. Just my two cents.
I Talked to Russell at the end of the day when he was watching the finals about the no arm bands ect.
He said that it was beginning to concern him about the unsporting behaviour and was thinking of banning dead mans walks saying it would'nt be hard to do and most teams would welcome it but he wanted to talk to others to find out what they thought.
I know he reads these boards so if you agree with me and want them stopped say so:)