Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is the state of play at temple

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
katz will be there. It is a very boggy site, maybe investing in some more gravel would be good. The game start times seem to slip futher and further as the day goes on and the number of teams playing has fallen, perhaps these two fact are connected.

I dont know why, but early last year, Temple tournaments used to run quite smoothly, now it seems to have gone down hill. Dont want to upset anyone, just want Temple to get back to the standard of organisation it used to have.

woodsta

Train hard--fight easy
Oct 12, 2001
Surrey
I don't want to burst anyones bubble at being site owners, but i would like to add my comments, I don't think you can say anything bad about temple, i would like to see most people try on the day to run something like that. I say a lot of respect goes to Clive, he's worked damn hard to get Temple running, watever someone suggests, if he tries it that way or changes something, there's always 50 people saying they don't want that! HE can't win, but what he does is a F*ckin lot more than wat most people do. It's only muddy, cos in the winter it rains, get's cold, like most places in England do, an when you got vans, an about 200 people going through one place it churns it up, like most places again. :confused: It also has not gone downhill, but in the winter, days are shorter, and in this country a helll of a lot colder, less people want to play then.??? Berfore you start trying to have a go at people start thinking about simple things?!?!?!?

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
Granted, running a tourney is dificult, but as a paying player, I ask you to compare the running of Temple with that of say Skirmish Nottingham, a much smoother day. (I've no connection with the site)

This is not a "pop" at Clive, so relax. I just want Temple to be a smoother run Tourney like it used to be. The problems I point out can all be sorted out. The main problem is the published games starting times getting more and more delayed during the day. Marshals need to be very strict on starting times. My view has been formed over a full year playing at Temple, so has nothing to do with seasonal weather.

How about Clive running a survey and getting his customers views on what they like/dislike and going with the majority.

We all love paintball and want it be as good as possible, this is not a petty pop at Temple, just my honest view!

woodsta

Train hard--fight easy
Oct 12, 2001
Surrey
i'm not looking fora fight but jus don't like people slagging people off, espeacially when people like CLive who work so hard for fpr people like you. If your opinion is of the whole year, you should know that in the SUMMER, it's dry, but wait, in the WINTER, when it rains, it's wet!?! I think NOttingham site probly has the same problem. And compare the amount of people which help to run Nottingham, how long it takes, how much they charge, etc etc. Clive can't determine whether it can rain or not. How about you do a survey if your so distressed about some mud here an there, and fill it out i'd be more than happy to, so would a lot of people.
I hope this don't sound to hostile, it's not supposed to be!
Any P8ntballer is a mate!

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
We were at the 10 man and the 5 man the week before at nottingham, no problem with mud, but I guess that site just drains better for some reason.

Anyways, the argument is not about mud, or rain, or seasons, mainly I was going on about games running latter and latter.

You did sound hostile Mr Woodsta, but I must have sounded hostile to you too, which I didnt mean too !

I'm very happy to play at Temple, but I think I've been spoilt by playing at Campagin, Mayhem, Poland etc. so its raised my expectations of tournaments. Of course temple doesnt charge 400 quid a team entry like Campaign etc. do.

I didnt get you bit about summer is dry, winter is wet. I live in England mate, it always rains:)

Anyway, lets go an play paintball :)

thebestthereis

Jul 26, 2001
Visit site
Alright guys

hey dave (woody) calm down mate.

I thought that as I work at the temple site I should try and clear up a few points. The sight is muddy and wet, this is due to drainage from the surrounding fields and no matter how many cones we put at the top of the driveway down to the safe zone people always drive down and churn up the mud even more.
Recently we have tried to solve this problem with the addition of a few tonnes of gravel both in the safe zone and on the entrance to the fields, also along the road down into the safe zone. This has helped but has come at a VERY high cost to clive, along with the fact that me, him and Ross had to shift the stuff with weelbarrows. We would love to add more but can not do so untill we can A) get the money and B) get free time to lay the gravel. You may also ask why the fields are muddy, this is due to the fact that we have access to three field which through the course of the tourney get churned up and winter do not have time to repaire, but if anyone out their remebers the Pheonix Cup then you know that in the summer the sight is one of if not the best sights in the south.

The reason that the timming at the temple has been shaky to date is alot to do with the teams out there as well as clive, at most tournements we have people working in the office that run the times and put the scores up, these people have to wait in the cold all day to help make the tourney go as smoothly as possible.
We usualy have to start a tournement late due to either a team being late or the marshels being late/not turning up.

James if you are concerned for the well fare of the temple site then please help us in finding marshalls and keeping up the good name of the site.

later chris