Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what is your favourite film?

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
Originally posted by aree
Cultural barbarism seems to rule all over this thread. I have read endless lists of movies and numerous booktitles and found not even one remotely interesting.

As far as movies are concerned this is the list to end all lists:

Dokter Pulder zaait papavers
Wat zien ik?
Soldaat van oranje
Een vlucht regenwulpen
Een vrouw als Eva
De noorderlingen
Mama is boos
Turks fruit
De onfatsoenlijke vrouw
Bij de beesten af

Buddha 4

The inventor of 24 hours nutmail

Oh yea loved all of those specially that one with the turks and fruit and the one about mama was a classic :rolleyes:

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
including cameos?

in that case there was a cocker in Jackie Chans movie....First Strike maybe? uhm it's the one with the Sharks.

There's also another Cocker in and i cannot remember the name of it but the main villain is a psychotic android school teacher :p

that's all that i can remember as far as movies go that have not already been mentioned....

In the Robert Asprin book "phules Company" some of the good guys zip around on hover skateboards with modified markers and the paintballs have differant mission specific rounds like acid and tear gas and stuff.

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
AJermstad

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
I knew it wouldn't be long before you were on!

So any one know any films with paintballing in (except 10 things I hate about you)?

Richard
Ahh yes! It seems the exams have been infringing upon my presence on the forums recently!

Speedball is still in the works ain't it? When that comes out we'll have an official fully paintball oriented film on our hands! Wohoo!
www.speedballthemovie.com for those who want to check it out.
Hmmm...There have been no news updates since 2000 and their 'new' flash site isn't working so it certainly isn't looking too good at the mo. :(
Anyone with an update?

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Originally posted by The G@me
I think I have seen it in another post that they had scrapped the idea. Could be crap though.
I'd be surprised because it looks like they've already poured a lot of cash into the project. Back in August I heard that they ran into a few cash flow problems, but I'm not sure if they've made a come back from that yet. I hope they manage to get their act together and create a descent film - it's got tons of potential.

If and when they do release it though, I doubt it will be too big in the cinema - so they can't count on a massive influx after release because it won't be the most mainstream of films. It will probably become more of a cult film amongst us I would imagine - unless they're able to majorly adapt it for a broader spectrum of audience and make it appeal to the film going public. We'll have to wait and see....

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
OK then, I've got a new one. Not necessarily one of my fav's of all time, but a great film all the same - Arlington Rd.

It was on Channel 4 last night. Well worth seeing, a bit of intrigue, mystery, drama and a great twist at the end. It had Tim Robbins in it too - the bloke from The Shawshank Redemption, as well as Jeff Bridges.

The main reason though why it struck me as a film for the boards here though, is that Tim Robbins' character name in the film was 'Ollie Lang', which just cracked me up all the way through - I kept imagining him suddenly starting to bust some bad-ass jujitsu paintballin' moves in the surburban neighbourhood!! He he he!! (I don't know where I got the jujitsu bit from, just sounded good :D )

Alex :p