Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is your religion / faith?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Well the other thread got me thinking, and im genually interested now as how as a community of paintballers what is the general faith / religion of choice?

Keep it simple with some rules, no right or wrongs here, everyone is entitled to their oppinion on this subject so no stupid arguements or stuff.

Myself, I personally don't believe in any form of teachings or religion out there, my personal veiws is that all religion was only created in an attempt for one group of people to gain power and/or influence over others and has led on from there.

Whilst I do apreciate others may find it comforting or guiding to belive in such a thing, I am a man of science and unless a God came down and slapped me in the face so to speak, I wouldnt believe untill I saw it.

So how about you, what are your beliefs on such things?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
C of E

Only attend church for the usual stuff - weddings, christenings, funerals etc.. Not a total atheist - very interested in life after death, paranormal and re-incarnation theories.

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Im a christian.
Im not the preacher sort, I beleive as we each have free will, then it is our own decision to beleive or not, and IMO we can only think i=within our own realm anyway. The very idea of a God existing is outside of our human thought of capability. Especially a god that exsts outside of time and space.

My developed faith has brought me to the conclusion that logically a God has to exist in order for there to be any physical matter in the universe anyway.

In no way am i a creationist, nor evolusionist. We cannot say, nor know for sure exactly how we came about, and no amount of research can prove one way or the other, we can speculate and theorize, but not know for sure.

My logic is this:
Nothing can come from nothing, and everything that has an end,must therefore have a begining.
Anything that is physical cannot come from anything that is not physical.

Now, i am not against the big bang. In my personal beleeif, i think IF the big bang happened, then it was the initiation of life from an outside source.

To those who use the big bang as an excuse for the non-existance of a god, i ask them this.
What created the big bang? and if some physical matter created it, what created that?

The cycle of creation CANNOT go on forever, there has to be a first mover.
This mover beng God.

The other question I ask, is this:
If life was a chance biological/ scientific encounter, then why havent we been able to re-create it, exept through the natural way of IVF?

No one knows how life began. and scientifically, the brain does not respond to straight electric current (even though that is what runs it), so there must be something more.

I do not claim to know everything about god, how an why we are here, or even exactly what will happen when we die, but i do know that God knows and has created us.

Personally, I beleive in purgatory, heaven and hell. I beleive that purgatory must exist, for what God would create a race that has the ability to choose, where there are civilisations that have no idea of a god even existing, and people that through human logic cannot see how a god could exist.

Basicly, I see God as a logical necessity for the reason we exist. Science and religion do not opose each other (exept for the extremists), but rather go hand in hand.

I have faith, not religion.
there are too many religions out there (even denominations of religions) that fight amongst each other, claiming theres to be the corect one, which is why i dont like religion, but those who have faith.

(all of the above is simply my opinion and not imposing myself nor my thoughts on anyone else. I am happy to debate/ try and explain myself, I potentialy could rally off an entire essay on this, if asked. No offense meant through the posting of this)