Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What 'Really grinds your gears'?

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
... When people use the word 'Investment or Invest' in the wrong context. Usually when they are in dire need to buy something.

"I need to invest in new shoes"

NO, you're not investing, you are just making a purchase!

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
... When people use the word 'Investment or Invest' in the wrong context. Usually when they are in dire need to buy something.

"I need to invest in new shoes"

NO, you're not investing, you are just making a purchase!
Investment implies a return, shoes are a tool, they allow you to walk/run/stand longer and harder than you could barefoot, tools are an investment if used properly. Women purchase shoes because they are pretty despite being impractical, men invest in them!

chris123456

Mar 25, 2014
Having too many 'coppers' ie 1&2p coins, hate thinking I have some change for a drink etc and finding a massive 25p..

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Having too many 'coppers' ie 1&2p coins, hate thinking I have some change for a drink etc and finding a massive 25p..
I used to dispose of coppers by either off loading to friends kids into their holiday pocket money funds, or a friend of mine who would change my coins at the post office etc when she did hers

The problem with these methods was that it meant me hanging onto them somewhere

Silver is easier depending on how much I have - 10s & 20s go in the car for parking, if the fund is low at the time then 50s go in as well

I came up with a new plan for change last year with self checkout, even better when there's a tray to drop in rather then a coin slot
The only problem was with my first attempt I had more change then I thought, over paid and had to wait for the change to be counted and churn out!

I now have a new plan which works for me but not necessarily the next person waiting behind - drop in the odd change, then pay the balance by card. I offload the coins and don't get a pile of change left over

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
Investment implies a return, shoes are a tool, they allow you to walk/run/stand longer and harder than you could barefoot, tools are an investment if used properly. Women purchase shoes because they are pretty despite being impractical, men invest in them!
Ok, you do make a point for the business savvy individual, but in nearly all case i hear, its being said in the wrong context :)

chris123456

Mar 25, 2014
I used to dispose of coppers by either off loading to friends kids into their holiday pocket money funds, or a friend of mine who would change my coins at the post office etc when she did hers

The problem with these methods was that it meant me hanging onto them somewhere

Silver is easier depending on how much I have - 10s & 20s go in the car for parking, if the fund is low at the time then 50s go in as well

I came up with a new plan for change last year with self checkout, even better when there's a tray to drop in rather then a coin slot
The only problem was with my first attempt I had more change then I thought, over paid and had to wait for the change to be counted and churn out!

I now have a new plan which works for me but not necessarily the next person waiting behind - drop in the odd change, then pay the balance by card. I offload the coins and don't get a pile of change left over
Funny you say that because I save mine for self service to only I don't have the tray :(

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
People who say they want to play paintball, then whinge when it hurts getting hit, people that want to go climbing and then complain because they're scared of heights, snowboarders when they stop at the bottom of a piste and block it up so you can't stop with a parallel turn at the end of it, fog light usage morons, attention seekers, hypochondriacs... politicians.....