Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Sponsors?

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Just out of interested, what sponsors have you all got, and what do you all get from your Sponsorship?

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Fair enough!!

Most people have there sponsors in their signature, just wanted to see them all on one post.

Understand if you dont want to though :p

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
Sponsors

Its qwite right that players dont discuss their deals online, sponsorship really isnt about how much you get this or that for, although discounts are always nice.

Its nice to know that you or your team have a relationship with people in the industry, that they respect what (little in our case but we try hard) you can do for them too.

Its reassuing that you know people that will help you out in a fix wether with a bit of time or advice or whatever. Like when my air system blew the day before i flew to toulouse and LPS got hold of an angel air for me at no notice at all, or that planet didnt mind talking thru beakers blade frame installation even tho they know he has all the mechanical aptitude of a gorilla with tertiary syphilis and the attention span of a demented goldfish.

jDawg

Oct 30, 2001
Visit site
I got a bit of a more interesting question. Me and another dude have just formed a tourney team at a large american college (I'm keeping it confidential cus i don't want know crazy ass stalkers). How would I go about getting a sponsorship for this? What the NCPA gives is good but we want something better..... :confused:

Manuel MAG

-POSSIBLE PAINT INFRONT-
Sep 6, 2001
on top of your mom
@ Adrenochrome:

ya cant say this :) i'm sure beaker is a genius better a mastermind of all the techs outthere :)

greets to beak ;) my sis is happy to see ya at Maxs Masters ;)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Manuel - Thanks for the props dude :) he's taking the pi$$ about ONE time when I wasn't quite my sharpest :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to meeting you sis though :D

jDawg - sorry to single you out, but your comments are the problem with most teams not getting sponsorship. Just becuase you have started a team doesn't mean the industry owes or will give you anything.

Here's how we got our sponsors

LPS - Site I have played at for about 6 years, I have sent probably 250 customers their way before they officially started helping us. Then when we needed help the beginning of last year they came through as we already had "history".

Planet - We have bought Planet stuff for ages and have always reccomended them including me promoting certain products on boards. Plus we kept saying hi whenever we saw them at Millenniums. By the end of the year I would consider most of the Planet crew as friends. We ask for some help in November and Ledz came through.

Ricochet - We played on a TV programme and my Ricochet was frequently featured. I spent about 10hrs total capturing and editing the footage of us down to a 4 min video, including buying PC kit specifically do it. I had been speaking to them for a couple of months then sent the finished video to Rico and they offered us a deal. With buying kit and postage it cost me personally about £60 ($85) and that was BEFORE they had said they were even interested in sponsoring us.

You see, it's all about building up relationships BEFORE you just go in and ask for stuff "We've got a team - sponsor us" style. You have to realise if they are giving you $1000 of discount or kit then they need to get the $1000 back (and more) from someone else.

Would you lend a mate $1000 - probably, would you lend a complete stranger $1000 who just sent you a mail and said you'd get it back - never.

jDawg

Oct 30, 2001
Visit site
Dude i'm dumb but i'm not stupid. I know I'm not gonna get sponsored even within the next several years. I'm just asking how others have done it because i want to star a top notch program at my school that lasts. I'm just trying to get some info from the people who have been down the road already. I think college paintball is the next step for our sport so I'm just doing my part. Can't blame a guy for thinkin' big.......