Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to do with air bottle??

HHMinty

Aug 12, 2012
Basingstoke
www.3dpn.co.uk
Thinking about getting back into the sport again (its been a few years since i last played)

I have dug out my old SmartParts Shocker Sports with a brand new Max-Flo air system (Fin 2015/11) but it will need a test.

Do i go for a new bottle? If i do how do i go about getting a new bottle on my Max-Flo regulator?

Where is the best place to get it?
If i did get the current bootle tested where could i get it done (based in Hampshire)

Or would i be best to get myself a new Planet Eclipse Etek marker and air system?P1000940.jpgP1000941.jpg

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If it has been left empty then there is a risk of damp and potential internal rust. This is more of a scuba risk as that equipment is used around water so a greater risk if empty.
If there is any pressure retained then seals will have been maintained.

There is some scope to retest, excluding any postage this will cost in the region of £25 / £30, youget a maximum 5 years between tests, but you have only until the final 2015 date, so 3 years

If you pay £25 to test then you will get an average of £8.33 per remaining year.
You could get a new 3000psi cylinder for a similar cost and 5 years thus a lower average annual cost, eg £30 over 5 years is £6 per year

Buy a new one for about £150, add two test cycles makes it £200 over 15 years = 13.33 per year
(The above prices include a regulator most of the time)

If you are confident on the cylinder condition, then you can be fairly confident of a pass (A fail means you still pay the fee)

A test now will be a reasonable option, and leaves over £100 in your pocket for the moment

If you buy a new cylinder you can get one without a regulator, its best to get someone knowledgable to fit the regulator, idealy the supplier

HPAC are the prefered test venue, but local dive shops can also arrange tests with IDEST centres

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Buy an ASA and a 68/4.5k used bottle with a few years test for about £80 if one comes up for sale on here.

P.S nice old school impy and warp feed

Last edited:

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen

Not sure what to do just screw on bottle ,when comes back from testing(if it passes!)
Or go ASA, reg route.