Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What to wear?

crumpet86

Mar 9, 2016
Hi chaps,

I have bought my first jersey and pants so was wondering on what I should wear underneath if anything... I have knee and elbow pads but that's about it for protection.. Any advise :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi chaps,

I have bought my first jersey and pants so was wondering on what I should wear underneath if anything... I have knee and elbow pads but that's about it for protection.. Any advise :)
If you play in a competitive tournament then there are rules on the amount of layers you can wear (Have a browse of the forum and look for the new WPBO rules for 2016)
If you play recreationaly then you can wear what you want:

1) Wear some trousers over your pants - unless you're one of those 'modern youths' who speaks American and you have bought paintball trousers ;-) in which case were some shorts or panties underneath.
2) As your name is Chris and your forum name is Crumpet but you have that logo, are you a Christopher or a Christine?
If a Christopher consider protection in your shorts. Personaly I wear trunk style shorts that have some support, and with loose trousers I'm happy. When playing indoors up close I also wear cricket shorts and a box.
If a Christine then ask some paintball girls and you should get advice on sports bras and if you want padding.
3) Consider a bounce vest, but look over the designs for where the padding is placed.

Alternately just go for layers - t shirts, etc. Even if layers are thin the gaps between will space things out and absorb impact. How it feels to get shot varies between people, when I have adrenaline I'm 'well hard', when I don't have adrenaline I'm cold, wet and miserable.

Extras such as gloves (idealy fingerless gloves) a backwards baseball cap (old boy racer style) goes well for protecting the back of your neck, or a wolly hat, forehead padded sandana etc, and anything that gets between skin and paintballs.

crumpet86

Mar 9, 2016
Hi Tom,

It's Chris-topher ;) so I'll get some thickish shorts on the go.. Sorry for the yank lingo lol.. I have some paintball trousers :)
I'll get my display pic changed.. Will a crumpet suffice :))
So my next purchase should be a bounce vest.. As tournament is up close and personal are you restricted to padding? Not that I'm going to wear much as I'll try and am it up some what lol.

Appreciate tour advise buddy.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Two layers of clothing, so trousers / jersey on top, bounce vest, underpants, arm & knee padding
Paintball trousers and jersey can be thin or padded
In proper cold weather you're allowed another layer

Strict sticking to the rules will define how padded each can be

And it also depends on if you will be checked - at a 'professional' tournament then expect rules to be enforced, if at a low level local tournament then possibly no one will notice, but if direct hits are bouncing off you and you look like Michelin man then people will notice

Unless using winter paint you are likely to encounter fragile paint in tournaments, so it's up close but it's going to break. The ball that realy hurts is the one that bounces

The more you wear the hotter you get, so piling on layers can make you more uncomfortable.
I photographed the super5ives this weekend and started with 4 top layers - bounce vest, t shirt, non padded jersey, day glo tank top.

Then when it warmed up I dropped down to bounce vest and day glo top, so two layers and bare arms

If I was intending to crawl around (though I did a bit) then I would wear arm pads

(note that I highly recommend arm pads - not only the padding but I've had students elbow - it was nasty, swollen and infected. Look after your elbows!!!)

People aren't meant to be shooting at me but they do and I also want to be in the best place to take the photo which means getting near to the person being shot at

The place I don't want to be shot is in the fingers. They will always hurt

WPBO rules 1.1:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9w1psCuBVk-eGJpTU14SE85d1k/view