Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

whats better race or e-blade grip frame!!!

i agree with si, you will find it hard.

BUT only take advice from people who have actualy played games with either off them. There are a few self appointed "guru's" who think they know it all and are only telling you what they have been told by sum1 else or have just dry fired the gun a few times.

best bet is have a go with both and then u decide :)

Si.

Old Git.
It all comes down to the same advice you've probably heard over and over again.

Try both yourself and see which you like the feel of.. You can always find players at tournaments willing to show off their Race or E-Blade, just ask.. 90% of 'ballers don't mind showing you their equipment and most are more than happy for you to have a go over the Chrony..

:)

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
My two pennies worth..

I have used both.
And i like the Eblade better, feels more like a Angel trigger to me!!
Thats not to say that if i used the Race for longer i could change my mind!(hint for someone to give me one)

And like everyone says"try before you buy"..........

joe90

Jan 31, 2002
london
Visit site
ally^mck a e-blade is a electronic grip frame for a cocker that lets u convert a mechanical gun into an electronic operated gun!!!
has the e-blade the classic setting on it like the race frame does caus i really like the rhythm of a cocker!!!

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
i have a race. i bought it cos it was the "original" i liked the idea of being able to program it from a palm or pc as opposed to the "on grip" programming of the e blade. also i didn't like the look of the eblade as much.
reading the blurb for the 2 of them the e blade has the more snazzy type of trigger and also the "eye" is included in the price. however having put about 20 cases through my evo and NEVER had a burst ball i wasn't really that fussed about the eye, plus having to drill the body put me off a bit as i already had the evo x.
i have had the evo running at 16 bps with just a standard 12v revvy and have had no chops/bursts at all, mainly i think due to the very low presure that the gun runs as standard. with the eye and a halo b then reliable low 20's are possible but as i cant shoot that fast, couldn't afford that big a paint bill and aren't allowed to use full auto then it doesn't matter to me.
i have not shot an eblade but can only assume that it performs much the same as the race does. the eclipse and evo x cocker are probably the 2 markers most regarded as being at the top of the the "cocker" tree. making these faster and "easier" to use by placing an electrnic grip on them can only make them both better and take them to a new level.
people that have a race will say they are the best and the people with the e blade will say the same of theirs. either way each gun will transform the way you play. GO BUY ONE!!!!

oh, and the race is the best cos as well as working well it does the most important thing better than the e blade - it looks good doing it :D

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Originally posted by smartecosse
i have a race. i bought it cos it was the "original"
*cough*sandridge*cough*choke*spit*

I can't believe I typed that. Yuck! (Sorry Morten, and the rest of the Race Gang, just saying, the race wasn't the original (it's the best tho, grovel grovel ;) ) ).

I'm not gonna say either is better than the other, as I haven't tried the production model e-blade yet, I've only had a very quick play with the proto style one.

What I will say is that the e-blade is still at a very early stage in it's life, whereas the Race has already gone through that first 18 months of evolution, so most of the initial bugs ("undocumented features" ;) ) are well and truly ironed out.

I don't know what Planet are charging for the fitting of the eye to your own cocker (and I can't remember the fitting charges off the top of my head for the race ACE either), but I do know that the Race is (for the equivalent version - the 9V, without dataport, pc-link cable and rechargeable battery) listed on the race website at $395US, which after a quick trip to my favourite currency convertor website, is about £250, Mmmm, nice. The eye kit is around £60, but there are ways around not needing the eye - either time the grip to not chop, or get one of them JAM bolts, level 10 stylee magic in cocker form :D.

I honestly can't say whether or not the e-blade has "classic" cocker mode or not, I've never noticed, but what I have noticed is the size - the e-blade does seem to be very "chunky" and wide. The Race (the full version anyways) allows you to use normal proper grips, like Dye stickies etc. The 9V race has to have special grips so the battery can fit.

Personally, I'm always gonna say gogogadgetRaceGrip, but that's cos I'm biased slightly, then again, a product as shiny as just plain good as the race, and customer service better than any I've ever recieved will do that for ya ;) :D