Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

whats up with my mag?

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
i shoot my mag slowly and its fine, but when i shoot faster, it sort of stutters like the pressure is really low. will a full flow valve make it work better?

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
No, Don't sell it and buy an E-blade (well, not yet!)

If your Mag is stuttering, chances are (provided you arn't short stroking the trigger!) you need to turn up your input pressure.

I run mine at around 900 to 1000 psi, according to the guages on my flatline.

This helps, but I can now outshoot my standard valve, even with RT on/off assembly as it just can't recharge fast enough.

Solution, fit an X-valve, thats my next upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Laterz

Ian

:cool: :)

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Best place for mag info is www.automags.org - theres a forum with loads of proper info.

It most likely stutters because you are short-stroking and your not used to firing at high rates of fire. Rig up the trigger with an elastic band so you can pull the trigger without needing gas, and practice pulling the trigger *all* the way back and letting it go *all* the way forward. With a big of practice you should be alright.

I had exactly the same problem when I got my mag.

A Full flow valve will not make any difference. Its generally considered that mags need no additional parts to make them work any better other than those provided by AGD. It may seem like AGD's ploy to get you to buy their products, but most aftermarker add-ons for mags have been proven to do nothing, if not hinder the performance of the mag. Thats one of the reasons that mags became unpopular, and cockers became more popular, because you couldn't tinker with a mag (it was too good??) Just ask on www.automags.org.

Ian C - The on/assembly makes no difference to the rate at which a 68mag valve can recharge.

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
on / offs and recharge rate

No, but it certainly improves the trigger response and makes the trigger action far more positive, therefore faster to fire.

Didn't mean to imply that it makes it recharge any faster, as its the wrong side of the regulator, hence comments about increased input pressure. That does make it a difference.

With you on the valve mods, I had a pro-mag valve in my gun originally and was given a field rental valve. For a laugh I tried it, and promtly sold the pro-valve after one days play!!!!

Full flows etc. are all crap, as Tom Kay said in the flatline manual, if it needed more holes, AGD would give it more holes!

:)

Ian

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'd also guess that maybe the output pressure on your bottle reg might be set too low, or something else is starving the valve. I run mine at about 800psi and it works fine.

If you are short-stroking, the best way to stop it is to practice hitting the trigger guard with the back of your finger each time you release the trigger, do that for a bit and you should be sorted.

Ian - weren't you guys next to us (Redskins) at Dragon's Lair on Sunday?

Talking of mags, I've just ordered an x-valve, intelliframe, polished emag body + omega body rail to tart mine up a bit :)

<luddite> Electros, pah! ;)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Sunday

Skaffen, yes that was us!

Intelliframes are amazing, you'll be impressed!
As for electro's, when I'm too old and decrepid to pull a manual trigger, then i'll give up paintball!!!

I'm trying to buy a secondhand rt-pro at the moment, intending to swap the valves over as I prefer the classic mag look!

What did you think of sunday, I thought it seemed a bit flat compared to normal for one of Ray's events, lacking atmosphere.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK

I was the Redskin in the green JT top - was actually my first tournament since 1996 ;), so I can't compare it to recent DL games.

I had a great day, although it did seem a bit subdued and no-one seemed too bothered about the final result at the end - any idea what the final results were?...I think we were heading towards about 3rd/4th?

My mag should end up similar to this (minus foregrip, barrel and drop): http://www.tunamart.com/images/xretro3.JPG

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
DL on Sunday

Cool runnings came in first with 8 straight maxes ( ouch! )
Second was blackstar
Third did indeed go to the Redskins.

We ended up 6th, not a good days play from us at all!

I think no one was bothered by the end result as a few key teams were missing (Top cats and Phoenix Five particularly), and the Cougars were running what looked like a scratch team.
Sort of detracted from the drama a bit!!

good luck with the mag, hope to see you there again!

Laterz

Ian