Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When does this bottle run out of Test??

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
how long a shelf life do Ali/steelys have? is it 10 years.

And also, when they changed ali/steelys from 3yrs to 5yrs, did this apply to all bottles or all bottles from a certain date?

Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
how long a shelf life do Ali/steelys have? is it 10 years.

And also, when they changed ali/steelys from 3yrs to 5yrs, did this apply to all bottles or all bottles from a certain date?

Thanks
Aluminium cylinders have an unlimited shelf life, provided they pass the hydro test.

The first part of a test is a visual inspection - so provided the cylinder is in decent condition it can last forever.

What this will mean though is you should pay attention to the burst disks as well.

Aluminium cylinders work out the best VFM when you think of them as about £40 for 5 years, fibres at about £150 for 5 years, then add on tests (assuming about £25 and no postage) with aluminiums £90 over 15 years with further potential life, fibres £200 over 15 years.

However if you want to sell on then fibres may give better resale value, and win on weight, capacity per fill etc.

I believe that any UK paintball cylinder that is currently in date has a 5 year test cycle.

WizBit

Jan 26, 2009
thanks for the link, it was useful, although i have more questions!

If my bottle is aliminium, but has luxfer on it, does theat mean its a half fiber wrap?

It states a standard HSE-AL-HW1, can i still use this bottle?

There is no PIE mark or DOT on it. But has everything the standard said it should have.

I can post pics if that will help.