Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When markers and spraypaint meet!

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
So having recently bought this very nice 06 Ego from Mr Lump, I decided to remove the awful yellow paint that someone (who shall remain nameless... because I don't know his name!) used to change the colour of the Eye covers, Feedneck, and Oops.

Here are the pics of the marker before I started:
Right Side
Left Side

The first thing I did was strip the majority of the paint off using the polishing wheel that came with my Dremel. This took a while, but it needed doing so I could get the harder top coat of paint off. Here's a pic:

Stripped parts

After that (and this is the long and arduous task) I used a cloth (not a dish cloth, more like a thick duster) and some white spirit to clean the rest of the paint off. As I said, this took ages, about 3 and a half hours to be more precise. It's not perfect, there is still some paint left on the parts and I couldn't get paint out of the awkward nooks and crannies, and the anno has worn in some places. But you have to admit, it looks soooo much better! Pics:

Cleaned parts
Back to normal left
Back to normal right

So anyone that decided that this is a good idea... it's not! Either buy a CCU kit or get it re-anno'd... please... for the love of all things paintball!

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Work fine, and that's some good work there mate, dont know how it is in person but from those photos its hard to tell anything was ever amiss.

Personally I would've considered keeping it with the paint, if just for the attention it would draw. Negative and most probably mocking attention, but attention none the less :D

konastab01

Nov 22, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
They work now that weird:confused:
You should have tryed some nitromors,I use it a lot and its good for taking paint off of alu.Maybe wouldnt have took you as long.
But hey It looks a million times better now thought

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
konastab01 said:
They work now that weird:confused:
You should have tryed some nitromors
Didn't have any to hand (does anyone? ;)) and I had white spirit in the house. If I'd had more time (and money) I would've gone out for some more potent stuff but as I'm buying a new CCU kit in the not too distant future I couldn't justify spending too much on it :)

I thought about keeping the "traffic warden" look, but thought that I might attract bees the next time I play :D

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
It's the solenoid that's leaking from the hole in the back, think it's nackered! Do you know where the warranty card is for it mate? Or when it was purchased? I think the solenoid might be faulty in it's own, rather than someone doing something silly :)