Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to buy the best rechargeable batteries?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I just got myself a HALO and have decided that rather than buying 83,000 batteries every year for various guns and hoppers I am going to go over to NiMh rechargables.

But my question is were can I get a good rpice and which are the best.

I am well aware of the "questions" over using 1.2v NiMh's instead of 1.5v Alkalines in the HALO but have yet to get a definitive answer.

Maplin do 1800mh AA's - are they any good ? and can you get them cheaper elsewhere as they aren't cheap. What other high "mh" batteries are there?

I also want to go over to NiMh PP3's as well. Any reccomendations.

Thanks in advance

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
I just got myself a HALO and have decided that rather than buying 83,000 batteries every year for various guns and hoppers I am going to go over to NiMh rechargables.

But my question is were can I get a good rpice and which are the best.

I am well aware of the "questions" over using 1.2v NiMh's instead of 1.5v Alkalines in the HALO but have yet to get a definitive answer.

Maplin do 1800mh AA's - are they any good ? and can you get them cheaper elsewhere as they aren't cheap. What other high "mh" batteries are there?

I also want to go over to NiMh PP3's as well. Any reccomendations.

Thanks in advance
I was thinking about using NiMh's myself please post any results you find.

Cheers,

Paul

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
http://www.zbattery.com/zbattery/didyouknow.html

and

http://www.zbattery.com/zbattery/batteryinfo.html

You could also look in the pbnation timmy forum. The thread about the new warped air sports board has a short explaination on why a battery with a high mAH (milli-Amp-Hour) is better if you have rather quick trigger finger. IIRC it makes a slight difference once you go over 16 bps.

Also typing "battery FAQ" into a search engine will bring up lots of info for you to sort through.

Basically its easier to explain why cockers shoot better than <marker x>. (Except when in my hands then they just blow up)

If you really care go the the manufacturer page for the AA alkaline you presently use and look at the discahrge characteristics and then the characteristics of the rechargable. Then compare them taking into account the drain your hopper/marker puts on them, remembering that most don't have a constant drain since they react to trigger pulls by working solenoids or turning motors etc.

When you have done this you realize that doing what you did with alkaline (ie. bought the most expensive) is as good a scientific method as the other way :D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Right - spent an age looking at sites I didn't even know existed (and probably shouldn't). However, I managed to look at a few battery sites too.

I found out.

looking at various tests it appears Powerex batteries are highly regarded.

They are available from here but I beginning to wonder about the economics as to get their charger is a expensive

Best prices seem to be from here

but best all round solution seems to be the Uniross Uniross Photo 1700mAh charger set - although that only comes with 4 batteries it can do PP3's as well.

....so - did that help any :confused: ? :confused: ? :confused: ?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Beaker are you going for this set:-

GPPB01BS180-C4

The GP PowerBank Smart can charge 4 x 1800 NiMH in 65mins. Comes with 4 x AA 1800 NiMH batteries. Charging current AA - 1600mA, AAA - 800mA. 4 charging slots with 4 channels, can charge AA and AAA. Individual -ve delta v cut off. Individual temperature sensor, individual safety timer. Trickle charge after full charge. Bad battery detection. Alkaline battery detection. Comes with detachable mains plug, car adaptor can be purchased seperately for charging on the move, available in the Accessories section of the website. This is the ultimate charger for the digital camera enthusiast.

It looks good but doesn't say anything about pp3/9volt batteries.

ideally I want a system that will do 6 AA's and do PP3 batteries (two at a time if possible...)

manike