Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which One.........

konastab01

Nov 22, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
Im in the marker for a new marker.
I have been looking at the Dye DM5 (not sure on the year).
Hes what the description is:
DM5. All are black/cobalt fade and in good condition. Open to offers, few extra bits like feeds, barrel backs, fronts etc, which can throw in..

Heres the Egos description:
1st is the Ego, it's so early it's not got the Jewel in the back! But everything else has been upgraded to the full 05 spec (Board and Bolt)

Here are the specs:
04/05 Ego in blue to platinum fade
1.6 Board
Platinum Oops
Stock everything, including barrel
Will also include an almost brand new blue star trigger, manual, and 2 other bolts.

Im not very experienced in buying paintball marker .
Which one would you guys recommend.
Thanks
Stephen

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
If you are inexperienced you might find a DM5 a bit daunting at first because of the maintainence compared to an Ego.

The maintainence is slightly more involved and sometimes problems can be harder to diagnose and fix with the DM line, whereas the Ego is very simple.

I would have the DM5 over an Ego any day myself just out of preference, but at the end of the day both guns rank among the very best in performance.

Each one has its pro's and con's.

eastie

SoManc. Live Forever.
Apr 13, 2006
SoManc
www.myspace.com
These are two real good markers, and as speedbird said, they both have their pros and con's. So I think you should try them both out(if possible) and see what you fell more comfortable with. If you cant specificly test them out then maybe their might be some people with ego's or DM5's at a site near you, so just ask them to have a quick shot. Im sure they'll let you!

Hope that helps.
Eastie

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
konastab01 said:
Im in the marker for a new marker.
I have been looking at the Dye DM5 (not sure on the year).
Hes what the description is:
DM5. All are black/cobalt fade and in good condition. Open to offers, few extra bits like feeds, barrel backs, fronts etc, which can throw in..

Heres the Egos description:
1st is the Ego, it's so early it's not got the Jewel in the back! But everything else has been upgraded to the full 05 spec (Board and Bolt)

Here are the specs:
04/05 Ego in blue to platinum fade
1.6 Board
Platinum Oops
Stock everything, including barrel
Will also include an almost brand new blue star trigger, manual, and 2 other bolts.

Im not very experienced in buying paintball marker .
Which one would you guys recommend.
Thanks
Stephen
Hey man, where abouts in Scotland are you? Personaly i would go for the DM5 (made in 2005 such as DM6 is 2006 :)) but i have never shot one so would do it purly out of the 'new shiney' effect. There are a few folk floating about in scotland that have egos (mainly The Clan) and i think they have a DM5 in there somewhere as well. If you nice (n offer a beer) they would probly let you try out each. They are currently running walkons around edinburgh so if you made it down to one of those they would easily help you out :)

Have a good one mate.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
if im right thats a kellys dm5 so will probably shoot people without you even needing to aim hahaha ;)

cant go wrong with either
EGOs are awesome and thats got a little bit of history i guess if that matters to you...

Silky

-Relentless-
Aug 31, 2004
you wont go wrong with a DM5, an awesome machine, quiet, minimal kick and will shoot any paint you put in it.

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
Personally I would go for the Ego. I have shot the DM5 and the DM6. They are great markers but are small valve. Not great in cold weather - ie. it wont work!

Ego is really easy to strip down and clean and shoots great. Never had any problems with mine, whatever the conditions....

End of the day its your choice of course. just my 2p's worth