The Home Of European Paintball

Which timmy to get?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
1) they are all fundamentally the same
2) price tag is for looks, name and maybe the odd difference like a trigger style
3) It's unreasonable (and a bit rude) to expect Manike to answer such a general question personally - there are plenty of people on here who'll tell you the answer to 99% of questions.

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Sorry mate but i dont justify how my 'query' is rude?? After all he does design them doesnt he??
My apologies Simon if this seemed rude, but it was a question, and (i thought) a decent one at that.
Laterz

PS. MODS DELETE IF YOU WISH!!!

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Darwood, this is not going to be a satisfying answer, but it is true: It is mostly a question of taste. There are little differences, but they are little differences. Asthetics are the main thing.

It is obvious you didn't mean to be rude. I could see it as rude for the following reasons. One, if you did research on your own, you wouldn't have to ask the guy who designs them. There is no inside scoop that you couldn't ferret out for yourself. Two, you are asking a guy which of his babies is prettiest. That is an akward position to be in. Also, endorsing one over others may be a conflict of interest for him.

The biggest reason for different prices (IMO) is that some are made in greater numbers. Some are associated with companies with a more proud pricing strategy, too *cough*shocktech*coughcough*, but that's for you to sort out. Whether or not something is worth what someone is asking for it is a highly personal question, after all.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
When you buy a Ford do you walk into a dealership in london and get a personal phonecall to the designers in Detroit (or wherever they are!) as to whether to pick the one with the sunroof pack or not - nope you don't.

Perhaps rude was a bit strong, but I thought it was rather cheeky.

It's a valid question, albeit one that's been asked in similar vain before, so the thread stands.

Pee Wee

FREE AGENT!...
Oct 19, 2003
Originally posted by Beaker
When you buy a Ford do you walk into a dealership in london and get a personal phonecall to the designers in Detroit (or wherever they are!) as to whether to pick the one with the sunroof pack or not - nope you don't.

Perhaps rude was a bit strong, but I thought it was rather cheeky.

It's a valid question, albeit one that's been asked in similar vain before, so the thread stands.
Well of course you wont ask the head people at fords because you dont have any chance of getting access to them hence making it impraticle. So having the opputunity to ask someone specifically on these boards, who knows what they are talking about would be surely the best bet.

After all man its alot of money to be sheding out on a marker if you dont have the opputunity to try them all out.