Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whitch teams to play the exl???

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gaff, I am well aware of your 'new' sponsor and how it will allow you to go Stateside if you so wish but this is not indicative of other teams outside of the EXL 8 and therefore even if you do manage to do the Stateside PSP thang, I think you are going to be the only one who does on a regular basis !!

It could certainly not be described as an exodus !

Peace !!!!

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Robbo
Gaff, I am well aware of your 'new' sponsor and how it will allow you to go Stateside if you so wish but this is not indicative of other teams outside of the EXL 8 and therefore even if you do manage to do the Stateside PSP thang, I think you are going to be the only one who does on a regular basis !!

It could certainly not be described as an exodus !

Peace !!!!
apologies for bad wording i do not speak for anyone else in the MS, although there are teams that have expressed similiar things to us!

are you guys gonna do the NPPL as well as EXL?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by gaff
apologies for bad wording i do not speak for anyone else in the MS, although there are teams that have expressed similiar things to us!
are you guys gonna do the NPPL as well as EXL?

I don't think we have decided on exactly how many Stateside tournies we are gonna play. We will certainly be playing Huntington and probably two or three other NPPL's and maybe even a PSP divisional XBall.
A confusing and expensive year ahead I think :)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site

An expensive year ahead I think :)
Good job for Tommy that you have decided to personally foot the bill for the years balling:p Very generous of you:p

Christian-Malera

Mar 26, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
U keep crowing on about this threatened great exodus from the MS to the PSP, wielding it like some great sword behind whatever points you try and make.
Well if you so are soo damn sure all these teams are gonna shift their asses Stateside, name them.
There is a lot of talk and I can only speak for my team and we are not sure what to do the only thing we are sur of that we will not attend six leg like last year the way it is now, thats even if we could.( PL 5 legs)
People say that teams want go and play PSP instead, thats not the point, teams will play maybe one or two tournaments in the states, this will cost the same as 4 Mill events. The result is fewer teams at the nine???????? Mill legs.

Go by this disc center, there are several top teams from different nations that has indicated that they will do things differently next year.

http://disc.server.com/Indices/217790.html

Sam

Jul 7, 2001
@Robbo&sjt19

Why wouldn't teams opt to play more tourneys in US instead of MS? Like EGi posted earlier the cost for playing US events dont add much to the cost and at the moment MS dosent have anything to offer us as it is.

Looking back on last years MS as an whole series it was propobly the best this far in MS history but when our team was represented with what MS will have for this season (having three different formats,main and sister events, locations, prizes,reffing deal ,whole nine yards) everyone opted to put more US events in the schedule instead of MS.

D

duffistuta

Question to the Pro teams looking to go and play NPPL/PSP - will you play Pro/Division 1 over in the States? Reason I ask is because if you do, odds are you're going to get bitchslapped all over the field. And it's hard to sustain motivation - especially when players' are shelling out their own money - just to go and get your arse kicked.

However, if you're looking to play Am A/Div 2, then you are likely to get even less recognition than if you were to place Top 4 in the top bracket of the Millennium 7s.

So what exactly is the motivation to go over to the US - or is it a touch of toys-out-of-pram?

Magnus HC

Sep 23, 2002
Sweden
I don't think there is going to be a fair way of assessing teams who play Divisional XBall in the US for qualification to the EXL relative to teams who can't afford to play Stateside but still want in.

I think the only fair way of doing it is for teams to declare their interest in 2005 EXL and for there to be an end of season XBall tourney where teams face off for qualification to the EXL.

If certain teams had decided to play divisional XBall in the run up to the end of season XBall qualifying tourney, then good luck to them as this will give them an edge but no way should they directly qualfy just because they attended one, two or maybe three tourneys over there.
That´s the way it should have been now, a qualification tourney for the EXL 2004....

And your right i dont think that teams should "directly qualfy just because they attended one, two or maybe three tourneys over there." and didn´t support the MS last year.
It would have been better if the MS just pickt the teams they wanted in and no one could have a say about it.... (oh, wait thats what happend now)
I really hope that the teams selected can pull it off and make a great show of it!!!

PS. We are having a meeting this weekend about it all and it look´s like we are going overseas as well, and yes we can afford it.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by duffistuta
Question to the Pro teams looking to go and play NPPL/PSP - will you play Pro/Division 1 over in the States? Reason I ask is because if you do, odds are you're going to get bitchslapped all over the field. And it's hard to sustain motivation - especially when players' are shelling out their own money - just to go and get your arse kicked.

However, if you're looking to play Am A/Div 2, then you are likely to get even less recognition then if you were to place Top 4 in the top bracket of the Millennium 7s.

So what exactly is the motivation to go over to the US - or is it a touch of toys-out-of-pram?
Here's a list of possible answers. Feel free to pick and choose as appropriate.
1. If EXL is gonna be XBall seems like best bet--barring something like information--to prepare if given a chance to get into EXL is PSP.
2. self-respect
3. PL is untried and seems to lead nowhere
4. PL is not intended to serve player's interests but serve as alternative should EXL fail
5. with division of events there are now fewer choices about where and when to play
6. serious teams choose, whenever possible, serious competition
7. with no one to tell me what to do I get confused
8. if I'm paying for the privilege I rather be b*tchslapped than butt . . .
9. Top 4 of a second class league. Whoo-hoo!
10. Is it any wonder that left in the dark I keep bumping into things?
11. Robo and Nexus have already demonstrated it's a way to move forward and even if it's hard it's better than playing second fiddle in a pointless league
12. what's your point?
13. ain't gonna let the Man keep me down no mo' no mo'
14. Yeah, like you guys ever mentioned our team except once or twice anyway.
15. Pays no never mind to dem young bucks, Massa Duffy. They's jus' all full o theyselves. We's mighty happy here on da Millennium plantation, sah.