The Home Of European Paintball

whitey's ego 07 problem...

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
sup
ive a problem with my 07 where by it behaves as if the pressure in the gun itself is excessivley low. Imagine the way the gun behaves when it is low on air and the ego makes that very distinctive click rather than the full on bang that you normally get when all is okay. It happened mid xball game and I have no idea why.

so far i have;
stripped and cleaned the gun.
lubed regs
tried two bottles
eyes on eyes off.
reset the board to all stock settings.
stripped the qev. does the other non qev thing need cleaning too.

the site we were at had imho a dirt compressor and i found a lot of soot like substance in my marker.

help please. its driving me nuts.

whitey

russyj

Leeds Uni Paintball Soc
Jul 22, 2007
www.luupbs.co.uk
That compressor was pumping sh*t into the guns? d'oh, gotta strip my gat now...

If you've done everything except the solenoid, thats the only possiblity left, short of some board problem where its not transmitting the right signal to the solenoid, and is in essence trying to fire it in similar to training mode (cant see that happening tho). Got cr*p in a timmy solenoid years ago, caused a really similar problem where the gun was half cycling, as the solenoid could not fully engage and thus was not letting it cycle fully. Cleaned it and it worked, but never worked completely properly after that, was dead inconsistent, so we stuck a new one in so not sure whether the clean down fixed the problem completely. Isnt it still in warranty? Theres some nice people at eclipse who'll fix it...

Good luck with it man.

SWAT-Jay-

Sep 7, 2006
i saw this problem last week with an SL74, sounded like it was low on air but it wasnt and no bang, just the click.
We stipped it down also to lube and clean everything with no luck...believe it or not, changing the battery to a high quality battery fixed the problem, i dont know why but we changed to duracell and it began working again..

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
swat, im already using procells. ive had a similar problem in the past with my 05 and 06 where the battery indicator showed full bat when it wasnt. ive gone through 3 batteries.

as for solenoid. no longer user servicable...gunna phone planet.