Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who is definately playing the P.A League 2004 ??

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Following discussiions at our team meeting a couple of days ago i can confirm that Tsunami are definitely in and we have mailed Gillie to that effect. We will be representing Basingstoke. Probably as Basingstoke Tsunami, tho we may use our sponsors name. Powerball, instead. Were in talks at the moment.
Maybe Basingstoke Beasts would be catchier as there are meant to be wild black cat panther type thing(s) roaming the surrounding woodland, so i am told. I did actually see a black thing rush out of the woods across the road in front of my car a while back but it was too dark to see what it was... maybe theres an omen...;)

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
A true National U.K League !!

Portsmouth through to Blackpool / Newcastle and all points in between - this is shaping up to be a truly National League - representing the entire U.K - good to see everyone pulling together to get this rolling !!!!

Any sign of our Scottish and Welsh friends ??

Rich

richardmawer

May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Yeah - just spoke to Gillie - the Edinburgh Keltics are definates !!!

She's had around 50 teams express an interest - with 20 letters of confirmation etc in the past week.

Really starting to fly now - also got more interest from outside sponsors which Gillie and Hatts are really excited about but will say nothing until confirmed !!!!!

Rich

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Also wishing to set my agenda straight from the start Dicky, i have no argument with you personally. I also will not air team politics on these boards, nor with you off these boards, as respectfully, you are not a team member.
In reply to your point i will say this...Our members are spread from kent through wiltshire, hampshire surrey and dorset. Although, as you say the three 'founding members' are from the Bournemouth area we have little connection with the town. I have been there once! We have 5 team members from Basingstoke and the surrounding area including three who have the highest individual attendances at Tsunami events this year, plus our team captain, secretary and chairperson all who live in Basingstoke itself. We have a training field not far from Basingstoke, off the A33. Until recently when the venue became too small for the number of players we held our team meetings in Basingstoke. We shop and spend leisure time in Basingstoke. Those members who work in our sponsors factory (Powerball) also live in Basingstoke. Our sponsors paintball site, 25 minutes from the town centre, where as you know we also marshal, pulls many customers from Basingstoke. So we do have many links with the town. It makes sense for us to promote our sponsors and ourselves there.
I would imagine there are very few teams who hail from one town only and they will all be in the same predicament. You can only represent one town. Our thoughts are that it makes sense to choose the town where most members live, who have links with local businesses, and who will actively pursue sponsorship and media/public interest to promote Tsunami, Powerball and the Paintball Association League as well.
Anyone think i'm wrong?

richardmawer

May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Gups,

We have players from Lincoln, Grantham, Mansfield, Newark, Lichfield and even Preston - but you need to choose to represent the town / area - which is supporting you the most. We used Lincoln as our home site and initial supporter at Combat Zone is based in Lincoln - it is also the capital city in our county - so is far easier to get local media coverage such as Radio and Newspaper to promote the sport to a wider audience.

It seems to me like Basingstoke is the natural choice for you guys - you obviously need to meet to discuss it amongst yourselves.

Peace,

Rich