The Home Of European Paintball

Who owns what?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
DYE isn't tied in terms of ownership AFAIK

Odessey - BE own them completely now after the court case, they had to pay them 100 head of cattle and 5 horses too ;)

Hyper - independant AFAIK, while tied in with SP for obvious reason I don't think it's an monetary thing.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Beaker, you should know better than starting rumours like that on the net... people are stupid enough to believe you...

I think they actually payed them two chickens, a hot cup of coffee in the lap and some belly button fluff... :rolleyes: :D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
Do BE own Odessy or not?
GOD NO! I think Tex would die before letting BE own OPP! :eek:

The official press release from BE is

Bentonville, AR, January 31, 2003 - Brass Eagle Inc., (Nasdaq: XTRM) the worldwide leader in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of paintball products, and Odyssey Paintball Products LLC of Garland, Texas, jointly announces the settlement of Brass Eagle’s lawsuit against Odyssey, alleging violation of one of Brass Eagle’s loader patents that was pending in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.

Odyssey Paintball agreed to pay Brass Eagle an undisclosed sum of money and both parties have agreed to dismiss the suit.

John Flynn, Vice President and General Counsel of Brass Eagle, said “We reserved the right to relitigate this matter if necessary, however, at the present time, we are satisfied with the results of this litigation. Brass Eagle will continue to vigorously enforce its intellectual property rights.
There was a thread here before debating what exactly that press release may or not mean.

The short of it, is that OPP no longer have to worry about the law suit and can continue providing hoppers to paintballers...

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
BE / Odessy

They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money but BE still maintain controlling rights over their patents and can litigate again at any time in the future, nasty!!!

Odessy is owned by a reclusive construction tycoon, Robert T Builder.

Laterz

Ian