Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why don't those tekno geeks make a marker with built in chrono?

Player1

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Build the gun with a second barrel so that when it detects a ball over 300fps, it shoots you up the arse.

Falls off his chair laughing!!

But seriously folks...

Can this be? 3 DUPS players posting on the same thread? We'll turn into the hellfish and y'all will be abusing me!

The argument "something mroe to go wrong" I'm afraid no longer cuts it in the world of paintball. Have any of you ever seen and Angel, let alone an IR3! Those things are so full of "things that could go wrong" and yet they seem to work pretty well for: Dynasty and Joy Division to name but two.

Now there is no way that a self chronographing marker is going to be allowed onto the field of play in a mode that can adjust the velocity, that's just plain unsafe becuase one small loose ball and the auto-chrony turns the gun up, one big tight one and...

BUT think how much easier it would be at the chrono station if you didn't have to wait your turn (Chris I assume that this would also apply for walk-on play?) but just firred a couple while the gun chronys down/up for you, then at the very most you'd only have to check once over the tourney chrono.

As to how the velocity could be measured, i have no idea, some people have suggested (on strings about the Nerve) that light gates on the barrel is the way to go, I don't think that this is a viable method myself (think expensive barrles and taking the huge accelerations into account...).

And that's all I have to say about that

Richard (trust me I have a degree now) Kirke