The Home Of European Paintball

Why Have 3piece when u can have 2!!

PaRaDOx

-~=]APE[=~-
Aug 18, 2002
England, devon
www.dphiance.net
Ok this is really anoying me...
Why would i want something like the powerlyte sceptor or the Freak system that uses inserts when i could have something like the evil pipe that only has a front and back meaning no allignment and ****e like that!!

This is really puzzeling me so would someone pls enlighten me..

Cheers
Adam

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Cheap

Nothing in this sport is cheap!

I don't get this whole problem with lining up three piece barrels. I just screw it together and its fine, first time, every time!
I love my freak!! :)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Whether its 2 piece 3 piece or 70 piece it shouldn't really matter if the components are engineered well enough.

There are only problems with alignment when companies don't have exacting enough standards when they machine the parts. So even if there are only 2 parts at play, if one is out - the barrel will be useless.

Some (but not all - I believe the faulty ones are fairly few and far between) freaks have exhibited this problem resulting in breaks up the barrel... However, I wasn't willing to risk it so didn't go for a freak in the end...

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I've seen Boomsticks (of the old glued type) that don't line up. The moral of the story is that nothing mass produced will be perfect every time. You take your chances and hope you don't get a dud, or you can go to a shop in person and check the two halves line up before you hand over the notes.

When I've seen Freaks that don't line up, it's the front that's at fault, not the back, insert or design of the barrel. If you put the same front on an All American back, it still won't align properly.