Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is my halo being retarded?...or is it just me?

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
I'm changing the drivecone.
Took the delrin one out to put a stock one in.
Except the stock one doesn't drop down all the way on the shaft, so the catch on the cone doesn't reach the spring and you can't put the screw back into the shaft.

It looks like because of the way the stock cone is made it won't go down any further! I'm I missing something completely obvious here? I can get the delrin cone on and off in seconds! :(

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I just had the opposite, put a shocktech ally one in mine and had to take a little off the top of the cone so that the screw tightened on the spindle, not the cone, so it would flip back and fro on the spring!

Usually have to loosen the motor compartment screws to get the cone on/off and seated proper!

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
What's this?! Attack of the welshmen! :p I suppose I asked for it...

The c-clips seem fine Ray, even compared it to my other halo, they're exactly the same.

Anyone got a photo of the bottom of a stock drivecone, because I'm not sure that the tab is long enough to catch the spring either, yet it doesn't look broken or cut! I know I'm missing something reaaaaally obvious here but I can think what.

Anyone got a full schematic for a halo? Oddyssey's web site doest work for me.

Only think I can think of this that i've got a dodgy stock cone....

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Fantasticly clear photo Ray! And it's just the same as mine!! :confused:

I'm getting really pissed off with how stupid i'm being here...maybe a nights rest will do me good....