Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is there...

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
but BUSA recognition would not come straight up with sports council recognition right? And it would also require students to be proactive and set up a club as well right?

still awaiting a really good answer.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
duffistuta said:
It would massage some egos and help people with low self-esteem.
Yeah.

Plus I think the average kebab chewing lager-lout UK player (95%) would be able to say 'I may have to use a rope instead of a belt, but it's ok because at weekends i'm an ATHLETE! Bring on the Olympics! Man, I deserve more sponsorship!'

If paintball had official recognition as a sport by the governing body in charge, Sport UK (or GB) then it would lead to massive changes in our game.

First off their are sopme stringent conditions to qualify as a recognised sport which include an organised and respected governing body for that sport, a drug testing policy and a fair few others.

But the results of recognition would be the potential for clubs/teams/organisations to get lottery funding to improve facilities and to invest in future development. Outside companies would also be more likely to take an interest in paintball since it would be seen as a more stable investment because of the rules that need to be met to qualify. It would also mean that the sport itself would have to gro up a great deal both at local and national level to remain as a recognised sport. This would benefit the players as it would give some power back to them and would be a starting point for taking out the issues the various leagues and formats that cash against each other.

Soprt staus would be a massive leap and change the future of the game we play.

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
HERMITT said:
If paintball had official recognition as a sport by the governing body in charge, Sport UK (or GB) then it would lead to massive changes in our game.

First off their are sopme stringent conditions to qualify as a recognised sport which include an organised and respected governing body for that sport, a drug testing policy and a fair few others.

But the results of recognition would be the potential for clubs/teams/organisations to get lottery funding to improve facilities and to invest in future development. Outside companies would also be more likely to take an interest in paintball since it would be seen as a more stable investment because of the rules that need to be met to qualify. It would also mean that the sport itself would have to gro up a great deal both at local and national level to remain as a recognised sport. This would benefit the players as it would give some power back to them and would be a starting point for taking out the issues the various leagues and formats that cash against each other.

Soprt staus would be a massive leap and change the future of the game we play.
Well said that man!!

And as the sport becomes more stable and popular, more players will arrive and (hopefully) the cost of playing should go down :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
EyeFellOva said:
I don't think it will ever be a truly prime-time sport (it costs far too much for joe ordinary to get started) but with the right push and direction I think it could become a lot more popular, especially with TV watchers :)
and how much is a decent set of golf clubs? or a good tennis racket?

not being awkward with you personally as i think you are right, when joe public turns up and sees the shiny new £1000 marker he doesn't think to buy a used one.....................

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
HERMITT said:
that made me laugh for a good 5 mins...