Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why the need for different rulebooks?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I see in threads here that in the UK that the UKPSF and SWL use their own rulebooks (and Temple/Dragon Lair/other tourneys I don't remember uses god knows what) rather than trying to standardise in line with the Milennium or NPPL.

Now I realise that these rulebooks cater for 7 or 10 man rather than the more usual UK 5 man but why the need for one all your own?

Can't we just say "rulebook is as the Millennium expect artilces x y z which refer to 5 man now"

I would have thought that this striving for Sports council or whatever recognition would be helped soooo much by using rules recognised across Europe and indeed the world rather than being perculiarly British (and not even a standard UK one at that).

Just a thought mind

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
Rules

I think that the same rules should apply the world over whether playing little 3 man event in deepest Surrey or the 7 man world cup in Toulouse.

It would make things so much easier on marshals and players alike to remember one set of rules rather than 20.

mmm...........KAY!

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Rule book

Beaker

I agree with what you are saying and you will find that the SWPL and the Series 2002 run along similiar lines with the exception of the 1-1 ruling.

I am rewriting the UKPSF rule book which was the EPSF rulebook originally and once the standard for UK and Europe. The Millenium is baiscally the NPPL rules.

So by combining all these rules a set of rules will appear. They will be 90% Millenium rules but adding points which have been requested by marshals and players. Clearing up some of the not so clear rules and generally producing a uniform rule book.

I also intend iving the option as some events operate 1-1 and others a penalty point system. The number of players should not effect the basic rules of play.

When the draft is ready (10 days) it will go to several players and marshals to look at and from this a standard set of rules will appear.

There will alsways be tournament variations but the core should remain the same

Steve

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Bully,

I think it's a matter of presentation then.

The way I have read it in other posts the SWL and UKPSF rules were like a breed apart.

With this whole sports council thing (plus the possibility of a SE league) I feel it would be better to portray the rules as Millennium rules adapted to fit. That way we show we are trying to get some uniformity rather than fragment.

BTW - doesn't the UKPSF use the 1-4-1 then? and why not out of interest?

Cheers

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
rules

The new rules currently being written incorporates most of all the other rule books around.

What I am doing is offering the option of penalties and 1-4-1 so that it covers both formats.

It is difficult to operate a 1-4-1 until all marshals are experienced so the advent of the rule book will help unifie the system (I hope)

Steve