why?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Skeet said:
OK...then..an Explanation, or link me?:D

Come come now Skeet, you're the master of 'Google-speak', whack in '5th dimension brane' and you'll find whatever your little heart desires ....and then some but I doubt the pages of this forum are gonna make much sense of anything if I start babbling on about theroretical physics......nah, you can enlighten yourself on this one mate :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Robbo said:
Come come now Skeet, you're the master of 'Google-speak', whack in '5th dimension brane' and you'll find whatever your little heart desires ....and then some but I doubt the pages of this forum are gonna make much sense of anything if I start babbling on about theroretical physics......nah, you can enlighten yourself on this one mate :)
Well...teh thought had crossed my mind...but I hope you aren't inferring that I am a member of the copy and paste brigade...I was always taught to quote my references and state their origin...et al:D

By the way Robbo...I only play local tourneys at the moment, but i have been asked to guest in Div 3 of teh PA:eek:...do you think I should?:D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I'm a big fan of extra dimensions.

Even without all the theorising behind it, it's arrogant to assume that only the dimensions that we can experience exist.

It's a proven fact that some of the lower life forms on this planet can only "see" in two dimensions, rather than three like us. So why would we be able to "see" every dimension?

Just a side note.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Ahhh..now I see where Robbo is coming from..MSN Science page!:D

So...it would seem, that Robbo's Paper clip conundrum, could be explained, if..as theorised by String Theorists, our dimensions are a part of "Branes"..which is short for membranes...what they propose, is that our perception of gravity as weak, is caused by teh fact that...it is actually, just a gravity "leak"...teh strong gravity, that we all know to have a far reaching affect across the galaxy and probably beyond, exists in parallel to teh weaker gravity that is demonstrated with the paperclip/magnet scenario...what happens, is that when two particles collide, in teh strong gravity....a graviton is released, which crosses the "brane"...so...to me, its like when you flip that little cover on your hoover, that reduces teh suction so you can clean your mums net curtains without pulling them down...and as such...this smaller amount of gravitons, is what we percieve as teh "weak" gravity....it all makes sense now!:D

EDIT: Robbo and others may be interested, in a book called "The Elegant Universe", by Brian Greene...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13070896/

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
i remember reading a page on quantum physics or mechanics, which ive just been trying (and failing miserably) to find. part of the text was about the limits to which the human brain is supposed to understand, so time periods of over 100 years are almost impossible to understand, a world without time, or perhaps the 5th dimensions etc. so thinking about it, how would a person who has been blind all of their life feel if they could see? that seems comparable to if we could suddenly see a 5th dimension:)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
With gravity, the only thing i remember other than the 9.8m/s thing is that if you park 2 oil tankers near enough to each other they'll end up touching as gravity brings them together.