Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Winter paintballs

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Um...winter paint...err....try the normal Zap sitepaint :)

As for painting it, remove all the paint on the outer shell,, scrub it clean, get some silvo or whatever and polish it up really shiny then dry dust it with a clean cloth. Then spray on an undercoat, very thin, then another coat, then another until its completly covered, no transparancy. Then the top layers....spay them on, thin coats until you get the desired effect. :D

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
hmmm

Originally posted by Philip

get some silvo or whatever and polish it up really shiny then dry dust it with a clean cloth. Then spray on an undercoat
Why polish it?? That would not allow the paint to get a "key" on the body of the marker and would therefore be easier to 'chip' off. When painting alloy, I usually use a good quality etch primer after preparing the surface with about 600 grit wetndry paper (use with warm soapy water to prevent clogging and possible scratching off clumps of alloy left on the paper)

Or you could spend a bit of cash, and get the thing prepped and anodized by a proper company, much better finish.

If it is the likes of a tippmann, or similar you could always go for powder coating (same type of process used for wheels on motorcycles and cars) which is extremely tough.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Why polish it?? That would not allow the paint to get a "key" on the body of the marker and would therefore be easier to 'chip' off. When painting alloy, I usually use a good quality etch primer after preparing the surface with about 600 grit wetndry paper (use with warm soapy water to prevent clogging and possible scratching off clumps of alloy left on the paper)
But then the paintjob looks cdrappy at the end...thats why adding so many layers a a time, then laquering it will do it fine.

SNOOPY [SHOWTIME]

it's a welsh thing
Sep 8, 2002
swansea
Visit site
sorry PHILIP but SILENT BOB is right i have worked in a bodyshop for many years and know from experience that if you don't key it and use etch primmer on alloy the paint will flake off.
don't worry about scrathes from 600 grit they are light and will not show after being primmed and sprayed.

p.s philip i have sent you a link for some cool avatars.:D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Hmmm....i might try that next time, although my way has always worked well :D

I normally heat the piece to be heated, spray on the under coat, let it dry and cool then finish spraying :D